Black levels display on projectors

Username: Booker21

Post Number: 7
Finally i saw 2 projector running... for 30 min..

I saw 1 DLP and 1 LCD to compare the "weakness" and "strengh".

Bascially the guy didn`t know **** about it..but i let the pictures talk for themself...

I was really pleased to not see Rainbows on DLP at all, at least for 30 min, wich was what i stayed there... nor VB on the LCD.... i saw the SDE, but that is really not a concern, it is really a matter of being a little back and to be honest i didn`t find them anoying like most people have.

BUT 1 thing does really concern me on both projectors i saw... DLP and LCD, the black levels... i`m going t post a screens to show you how i did look them and how they should look, i already know the DLP has better Black levels than the LCD, but to be honest i didn`t like them on either of the two.

I`m almost certain that the Projectors wasn`t calibrated at all since both were on 50 on all categories but still, we tried to lower the brightess all the way down on the DLP and it still shows Gray instead of "light black" (i know it won`t be black).

When we turned Brightess all the way down on the DLP the Picture does loose Brightenss but the Screen still looked Gray... then i told the guy that it still look gray to me..and he said it was true, but that is coz the DVD player was on Bright Signal or something, i do know i have a SOny dvd player who has this setting, Black Level, bright or Dark...but i also know if i set on Bright, when i turn down the brightness i can make the black darker, this wasn`t the case on the projector today.

This really turned me down since movies looks like "gray" instead o black this really affect the deepness of the picture and overall quality.

I`m starting to presume this is a fact on all projectors, no matter wich tech they use they will be gray.

I`m going to post a few screens to show on screenshots what i`m talking about since explaining could be missleading.

Also when the guy took off the dvd, the screen with the DVD backgrond still produce the gray instead of "black" so the dvd weren`t the problem.

Again i`m not expecting real black.... but also i don`t want them to be gray

This is how projectors are or i was looking a bad calibrated, setup projector?

the 2 projectors i saw was X2 (DLP) and Infoucs 5000 (LCD)

DVD backfround
http://server2.uploadit.org/files/b...xample_good.jpg

How does look on projectors:
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/b...example_bad.jpg

Note:this are photoshop tweaked screenshot to give u an idea of what im talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us