HELP! Confused by Samsung model numbers...what means what??

Username: Pmh

Post Number: 1
So, I have been researching DLP's for awhile and have begun to look at the Samsung DLP lines. However, I can't make heads or tails of their model numbering scheme. I know there is some 'logical' explination for what certain parts of the model numbers mean and I was hoping I could get some guidance on this.

Thanks!!

FYI
Unregistered guest
Take a look at this page.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=207d8dc2cb98fabc8528622c197ba394 &threadid=493443

Username: Pmh

Post Number: 2
Thanks!! That link definately helped. Do you know of a similar thread that covers the current shipping models? Still debating whether to go with a current model or wait for the new (and obviously more expensive) model with the new chips. I'm digging the new specs but, as always, price and budget plays into the decision.

FYI
Unregistered guest
This is the only current model that I can reccommend and the best price also from this reputable retailer.

http://www.bestbuypcs.com/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=&rnd=&pg=store&sub_pg=pro d&ref=2093&ovchn=PGR&ovcpn=Pricegrabber&ovcrn=HLP5674&ovtac=PPC

crackNskulls
Unregistered guest
DLP is a great technology....if it were the 90's. Why buy a single chip/ viewmaster setup that will make you vomit from it's harsh picture, and rainbows when you can get a 3 chip LCD or LCOS set?

To crackNskulls
Unregistered guest
crackNskulls,

With DLP it's all done with light and mirrors.
The chip will last multiple decades. The 720P and 1080P formats will be around at least that long. If you're a person who likes to buy an expensive brilliant HD display that will last that long with only lamp changes, there you go. The pixel spacing is so close you can't see between them will your nose on the screen.
I have yet to see even one post about a stuck mirror. The color registry is perfect.The HLR6768W was voted "Best in Show" at the Las Vegas 2005 Cosumer Electronics Show. Click Photo 1 to see.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=207d8dc2cb98fabc8528622c197ba394 &threadid=493443

It's a known fact that liquid crytals will alter from the lamp light with time, rendering the display useless. If you're a person that doesn't mind shelling it out all over again when this happens, then LCD is for you. LCD owners complain about dead or stuck pixels quite often. Sony and other manufacturers think they are acceptable. The people who have them are pis$ed. With slower scan rates and the obvious screen door effect on larger displays the present models are less desireable. The new displays look quite nice, though. No screen door effect, faster scan rates, and really brilliant color. They just haven't made it to the retailers yet. I saw them at the Vegas CES and I have to admit, they are beautiful. Brillian's 1080P was incredible. Folks with deep pockets will grab them first. The rest will wait for the prices to fall in a year or two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us