HELP with HDTV and some advice

Username: Rbleck

Post Number: 1
Ok i am a little new to the area of HDTV. i just bought myself a 51" Hitachi F1F510 HD Ready TV. i am having a few issues with it though. I have HD cable through Comcast which looks great and 1080i, but when i hook up my XBOX or my Progressive scan DVD player they cant even compare to the HD. Now i am using the Componet cables that were provided by Comcast which seem ok, they are pretty thick and dont look very cheap. i guess my question is, is it worth the xtra money to go out and purchase monster component cables for my xbox and dvd player or will i still not see a difference in the picture?? i guess i am not sure what to do. any help or advice will be appreciated. i am also thinking about buyign the new Samsung HDMI dvd player as well.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 592
In reverse order. If you "are thinking about buyign the new Samsung HDMI dvd player as well", think again. May as well throw your money down a hole in the ground. Whether Monster Cables will make a visual diffeence depends on your equipment. Make sure you get a right of return with no questions asked.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 193
Monster Cables are fine, but since your question involves 'value', I would have to say Monster Cables are a poor 'value'. That is, they are a VERY high markup item. That's why everyone carries them.

If you don't mind being bent over the counter, for some name recognition, go for it, but basically Monster Cables et al are a ripoff; price-wise....

Username: Rbleck

Post Number: 2
Why is teh Samsung bad? what is better?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 597
Why? Who knows other than Samsung and they ain't saying. What is better? Almost anything (excluding Emerson, Fisher, Daewoo and similar products).

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 49
Can you Xbox/DVD player output a HD signal? If not, then don't bother. If so, then make sure you set it up correctly. Tell the Xbox to output HD, at whatever it does (I have unmodded PAL one, so I don't know). Set the DVD player to use the HDMI and for it to send a HD signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us