Best DLP for PC/PS2 Gaming?

Username: Cptfunnypants

Post Number: 1
I just came into some $$$ and I want to spend around $2000 on a DLP TV. From what I've been reading, I think I want a Samsung. The set would be for about 90% TV watching, 10% PC/PS2 gaming. I saw a post from a while back that said the HL-P5067W does the best job with video sync, but that was back in March. The Samsung website doesn't even have that one listed anymore. Is that still a good buy, or is there a better/newer model out from Samsung? I'm wanting to get a 50" or 56". What do you all think about the HL-P5663W or the HL-P5085W?

Also, if anyone could point me to a good retailer that would be cool. I was looking at etronics.com. They have the HL-P5067W for sale for $1849 + $49 shipping. They seem to have a good reseller rating. Any help is appreciated.....except from Anonymous. NO! I'm NOT buying a freakin LCD display!!!

Peas
Unregistered guest
dlp is JUNK. buy a plasma if u know whats good for u!!!!!

Post Number: 2
Yeah....no thanks. Plasma=burn in. My brother has one and it's nice, but the HDTV DLP tv's have a better picture in my opinion. I've seen a bunch of different plasma's, LCD's, and DLP sets and I think the DLP's look better. I have already decided on DLP, so don't bother trying to "convert" me over to plasma. What I need to know is:

1. Which Samsung 50" or over does not have the vid sync issue.

2. What is a reputable dealer

Thanks!!!

CptFunnypants

Peas
Unregistered guest
then get a lcd DLP IS GARBAGE. samsung=cheap parts,lag in video games

Anonymous

dnt listen to peas, he is an idiot!!!

Post Number: 3
Convincing argument. Anyhow, if anyone ELSE could please answer questions 1 and/or 2 above, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

CptFunnypants

Peas
Unregistered guest
Being copied is the sincerest form of flattery. Joe is that you there honey bunch? I know you love me babycakes.

Peas

Post Number: 4
Peas, if you could please quit posting in this article I would appreciate it. I am trying to find out some information, and you are evidentally the death nell for posts. I.E. - people see your name as the last post and skip the thread. Why don't you go troll somewhere else.

Thanks!!

CptFunnypants

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
The real Peas is cool by me.

The imposter slamming DLP is the real jerk.

Here are two links.
The first is my favorite pick and the second is the 67, which is very good as well. The retailers are reputable. The pricing is excellent.

http://www.bestbuypcs.com/store/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=&rnd=&pg=store&sub_pg=pro d&ref=2093&ovchn=PGR&ovcpn=Pricegrabber&ovcrn=HLP5674&ovtac=PPC

http://www.plasmahouse.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId=1287-EVEREST-7221ZWSNG30&ic=HLR50 67W

Post Number: 5
Heh....cool. Didn't catch what was going on there with the imposter thing. Thanks for tha help!

Paulf
Unregistered guest
CptFunnypants -

I got a Samsung HLR-4677W last month and have no lag with my PS2 using RGA cables. I have not bothered hooking it up with component cables yet. The DLP picture is amazing. HD is better than real life and standard cable is very good as well. I am very happy with the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us