Whats the best XBox TV????

Bug
Unregistered guest
OK...I want to buy a big screen but will use it for 60% gaming(XBox) 40% movies/TV. Whats the best technolgy/make/model for the job? Does anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Anonymous

hey whatsup

i think you should go for dlp or lcd or d ila
i would personally go for lcd or d ila but the final decision is up to u

dlp tends to lag in gaming and therefore may not be a very good choice

if u want to go for lcd go with the sony kf655 line (how big are u looking at?)

if u want to go for the hdila jvc model line 52z575 or the 61" model.

the lcd usually doesnt have very good blacks but the new sony line is coming out this summer with improved black levels. lcd also has the screen door effect wher you can see the pixels.

the jvc proves to be better than both dlp and lcd and has good reviews on this site. go take a look at all of these and see which 1 u like best.

l8r

Bug
Unregistered guest
Ok thanks for the advice. What are you using for XBox/PS2?

Anonymous

i am using a
kf50we620 sony lcd rptv
i think its an excellent tv and i highly reccomend it

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Anon is not qualified to comment or reccommend anything.
He is an ignorant, uneducated fool that stumbled on this forum to harrass and confuse.

The JVC doesn't prove anything!
His choice is junk! His comments are junk!

Buy an expensive 720P display for HD and digital network broadcasts only, not gaming or Standard Def NTSC 4:3 viewing.

Buy a cheap CRT direct view 30" to 36" tv for gaming and SD. It's still the best.

Bug
Unregistered guest
DLP4me!

What eactly are your qualifications to back you up? Just saying something is junk is not much of a statement and doesn't help me any! Do you game or use your PC on a big screen? Or do you use a relic TV?

DLP4me! / FYI / ...
Unregistered guest
If you read the threads you will see a pattern.
I've owned old and new technology.
I've been around for a very long time under different aliases. My comments come from reading thousands of threads on different forums and owning a variety of state of the art equipment. I'm disabled, so it gives me time to research.
I provide useful information for individuals wading through the difficult choices of a medium that's in a transitional period from analog to digital. I believe that folks wanting to game with older primative resolution boxes will be more satisfied with the fast scanning CRT tv's in which the boxes were designed to operate on. Folks who are ready to move on the higher resolutions of computer gaming are graduating to larger 720P displays that have the computer monitor connections or DVI/HDMI conversion capability. Mostly, people buy newer 720P and 1080I displays for the new digital network broadcasts and true HD channels. They put up with lower resolution broadcasts of the old NTSC 4:3 and slow scan VCR's, game boxes, and non-progressive scan DVD players, all of which are on their way out. The FCC will shut down the analog spectrum next year, so, folks with non-digital CRT's will need a digital converter to view broadcasted programming.

My credibility lies in my accurate articulation of fact, my knowledge, my ability to use proper grammer, punctuation, and spelling. I proof-read and correct mistakes in my typing and convey thoughts and ideas with an acceptable level of intelligence.

I don't get paid for this, so, people can take what I say or leave it.

I speak up when attacked by ignorant, opinionated, derelicts who try to mis-inform people who just want a little factual guidance through this difficult transition.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 269
in my op. I have yet to see a lcd/lcos/dlp that outshines my mits regular projection hd. Although the new technology keeps progressing, I feel that for right now high quality plasma, lcd flat panels and crt based tv's have the best picture. So unless you plop down 5-10 grand on a tv I suggest getting a regular projection and save the rest of your money for a good surround setup.

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
You're absolutely right, Joe!
For now...that is.
Hitachi is excellent too.

They are bulky and heavy and sometimes suffer from convergence issues, but they are sweet when calibrated correctly. Can't beat the price these days either!

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
"DLP4"

glad to see you crossed over!!

praising rptv ,I almost fell over

hope things are well!!

c.p.

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Grab the chair!

Hope thing are well with you too!

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 117
DLP4me,

I hate to nitpick but there is no hyphen in misinform. ;)

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Hey bug,
The best tv for gaming on an xbox is gonna be determined by how deep your pockets are. The xbox supports outputs up to 1080i if you have the hd pack. Almost all my games play at least at 480p resolution and I have several that play at 1080i/720p. There's supposed to be information out there that allows you to upconvert your dvd's on the xbox with a mod chip(although I haven't confirmed that yet, and I'm due to make another trip to Korea to confirm). I am currently using a samsung hd crt and the picture is beautiful with all my xbox games (Gamcube hd pack is mind-blowing, especially Metroid 1 and 2). But keep in mind that direct view crt's produce the best hd picture out of all the technologies out there right now. If you have the money, buy a huge plasma. You'll probably get a whole bunch of comments about burn-in with scores and stuff but the research I've done shows that plasmas are harder to burn-in than crt's. I own 2 crt's, and a rear projection crt and have never had a single incident of burn-in. This is coming from a huge gamer that plays in excess of 80 hours a week on one tv. LCD's and DLP's may not be a good choice because I've heard that they have problems playing fast action games. This almost deterred me from buying an lcd rp, but I saw the sony xs hooked up to an xbox and the picture was beautiful and had no problems with fast action scenes. If you have the room though, you may want to buy a front projector. Those are really only useful though for people with bigger pockets than me. Feel free to ask more specifics if I left out anything. I'm a huge gamer and would like to see how the hd revolution will affect console gaming....

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
Kdog044,

I learn something new every day!

ogbuehi,

Nice post!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 276
ogbuehi, what games do you have that play at 1080i?? I know that street hoops is 720p but thats all I know of???

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 729
A big reason I went with the JVC Dila was for videogames. I've played thousands of hours without any issues. No delay, no motion blur, just gaming heaven. There are quite a few Xbox games that support 720p. You can check it out here. http://www.hdtvarcade.com/xboxlist.htm

After playing a 720p game, it is hard it go back to a 480p game. There is no comparison.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Hey joseph,
The Matrix game (not the online one) and Atari Classics game both play at 1080i. I don't know if those games appeal to your gaming tastes though.
Hey bug,
I almost forgot about Dila technology. But you don't have to take my word for it. Mr. Lynch seems to be a happy camper. You may want to check out the new sony qualia line. It's an improvement on the Lcos technology.

Anonymous

To put in my two cents, for under $800.00 dollars, I purchased an Infocus X1 DLP projector and a onehudred inch 16x9 pull down screen. It does have some drawbacks (dark enviroment needed, and a slow color wheel), but bang for the buck it can't be beat. It also does a good job with movies. All my guest have said that they feel like there in a movie theatre. Hope this help.

Username: Badvboy

Post Number: 1
I dont have much money.. please suggest me what kind of brand or type is the best.. My plan is to get Sony kv21hfv100...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us