Mitsubishi DLP 525,725 all have the same problems, image alignment not perfect

Username: Bbcrx

Post Number: 1
I have personally owned the 525 model and bought it from Best buy. What i noticed after watching dvd's and playing video games is that the image on screen is always slanted/lopsided, either the top is off a few centimeters or the bottom is off. There is no way to fix this according to the mitsu tech that came to my house. Its not noticeable until someone points it out to you. Believe me, i'm not joking. I've gone to all Best Buys in my state and while i was in Cali i went to check out some unit out there. Same exact problem. All the screen images were off, the widescreen bars when watching dvds are off and its annoying(watching dvd's in widescreen mode is an easy way of seeing what i'm mentioning). The mitsu tech says its a trapezoidal issue and its not correctable. I love the tv and its potential but watching a screen where the alignment of the image is off/slanted really bothers me. And to notice that all of the models i've looked at all have the same exact problem, i would hope mitsu would look into fixing it. No wonder i saw so many models on the floor as open box items. One other problem i encounted was that when they swapped out the tv for a new replacement, the new replacement turned on once and never turned back on again. Thats when i decided to get my refund on this tv. Too many problems. Picture quality is good and features are real nice, but i cant stand the issue with the images not being perfectly aligned on the screen. I didn't have best buy's psp plan so i decided to return it or else i would've been stuck with a tv which has problems. Anyone else notice this or have similar problems? Is there a fix? Am i the only one to notice this?

Anonymous

I have a Mits 62525 and had the "Tilt Issue". Mits sent out a tech and he adjusted the picture with no problems. The tech leveled and centered the picture. He used a plug in device utilizing the front panel inputs. Some sort of grid pattern that clearly showed the "Tilt" and "Centering" problem.

I don't know why the tech said it was not fixable, I know a lot of people who have had this problem fixed.

This problem is covered by Mits's 1 yr warranty and they send someone out to fix it.

Username: Bbcrx

Post Number: 2
really? the two techs, one from best buy and another contracting tech, one from Mr. TV locally who "supposedly is a mitsu tech", didn't do anything but adjusted something in the front of mine, but when they did it, it made the top off center. and if they didnt the top the bottom was off center. so they said there's no fix, cause its a trapezoidal issue. i'm very curious as to what device he was using. is your screen completely perfect, or is it still off by a little bit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us