Comcast Cable/Sony TV/Monster Cable question.

Username: Jstlky

Odenton, Maryland USA

Post Number: 1
Hello,

New here. I don't even know where to begin. Well I purchased a new TV last week from Circuit City (Sony 36" HDTV Monitor (KV-36HS420)). While there they suggested I purchase a Monster Cable (Monster Cable HDMI to DVI Cable HDMI400/DVI-2M)) for the HD portion. Mind you I have no clue on what I need. Well, needless to say I called Comcast to see if I really need this. They said they will bring me component cables for my connection from the box to the TV. My question you guys is do I really need the monstor cable that Circuit City and Radio Shack is recommending and will it really enhance my viewing?

I've looked everywhere trying to find what channels Comcast broadcasts in HD and which are in Analog. I heard that it was 1-80 was analog and 81+ was digital, does anyone else have comcast here?

Oh while talking to Comcast yesterday because my on-demand was not working right they said my signal was bad and that they need to dig up the old cable and replace it with a new one.

On Saturday May 13th when they come to install the HD box (I already have the standard digital cable) they are also going to hook up DVR. Does anyone know how many storage hours you get of DVR and can you only watch the program your recording or can you watch other programs while recording or record more than one program at a time? Sorry, I'm just full of questions today.

-Jason

Unregistered guest
I just recieved a Sharp 27" tv for free. The catch is the connection for the coax cable on the back of the set is missing. Can I view TV using a rf modulator and an s video cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us