Recording dvd to dvd

stilljojo
Unregistered guest
I have a dvd recorder that works great, but I am wondering if it is possible to hook up another dvd player and then copy some of the recorded dvds that I have already recorded off tv?
I have a basic setup, tv, satellite tv box and the dvd recorder...no problems it records fine but wonder what I would hook to what to try to duplicate some of the dvds....what would hook into what? and would I need more cables of any kind?
Novice here, so go slow and explicit with any answers...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 578
Yes it's possible. But as we have stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated, and stated...you will need a video stabilizer to do so.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1013
If they are recordings and not retail DVDs, all you have to do is connect an s-video cable, you can use RCA jacks but s-video is better, from the player to one of the inputs on the DVD recorder, you will need the RCA jacks for audio. Then set the recorder on whatever input you used. If you plan on making alot of copies, think about getting a burner instead. They are faster, more reliable and will make exact copies. There will be considerable picture degradition from player to recorder.

stilljojo
Unregistered guest
thanks for the help...and they are not retail dvds, just recorded dvds off of tv...so I shall try the s-video and RCA jacks...quality may not be such a issue as the copies are for just for grandchildren...thanks again...the response here is always so swift and someone always has the answer.

Unregistered guest
I have a problem with the Phillips DVDR70 Recorder. The discs I recorded last year (around 20) now refused to play and it states no disc. Or it just opens and closes the drawer unit. Sometimes it lets me record on DVD-R discs which it is not supposed to do but now I have tried all different makes of disc and it won't accept them but on occasions will let me play one or two of my previous recorded discs. (mostly -R ones).

Please help. I want to transfer my videos onto dvd as I am running out of space and can't get it to work properly.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1019
Are you using +R discs like you are supposed to? Philips recorders have laser problems, if it's going the recorder is toast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us