I need some help about a HDTV

Username: Rvd

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to find a really good 42-47 inch HDTV to watch football and play videogames on.I have no idea which TV is better than the other.Please help me out!

I found these TV's and they look good to me, but I don't know much about which one is better or what TV I should get.

http://www.bestbuyplasma.com/Plasma/Produc...ku_Y_KDF42WE655

One of the 46inch Samsungs on this page

http://www.bestbuyplasma.com/Plasma/search..._ShowImages_Y_1

Are the higher ones new?I don't really know the difference

did some more reading and saw the new Samsung HDTV's will be out in a few months... Should I wait for them to come out?I hope to spend $2,500 or less.But if the new Samsungs are $3,000 I might pay a little more.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 720
Dwayne-

A lot of the Samsung DLP sets have a problem with "delay" when playing videogames. The problem is well know and written about in many of the threads. If your set on getting a Samsung, you should check them out.

For your intended uses the Sony LCD your looking at is a very safe bet.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the imput Mr.Lynch

I didn't know about the delay, thanks for telling me.Yeah, I want the TV mainly for gaming and watching a little Football.I'm a huge gamer and spend lots of time doing so.I have my TV on about 15hrs a day

Post Number: 3
Another question, sorry if I'm bothering anyone... What about the Mitsubishi or Toshiba DLP screens? They do the same for the videogames?I just want to get the BEST TV I can for games and football watching for the price range

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 721
When I was shopping for a new set back in late August, the 2 main things I wanted it for were NFL and Videogames. After looking at everything and trying a couple sets at home, I ended up witht the 52" JVC DIla set (HD52z575 -silver or HD52z585 -black). It might be a little bigger than what your looking for, but you can find it for well under $2500 (even as low as 2k) and it performs great with all videogames (Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX) and football looks outstanding.

In my opinion it is the best TV available under $3,000.

Post Number: 6
That TV seems like just what I need, but it sucks that I can't fit it into my bedroom.That's were I would be putting the HDTV and it will only fit at 47 inch at most.Any smaller TV's like that are what is the next best one?

Silver Member

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 722
If I were buying a TV for my bedroom in that size/price range, I would most likely go with a Sony or Hitachi 42" LCD. Both can be found for around $2000-$2200, they perform flawlessly with games, and LCD technology has a long well proven track record.

Just my opinion though. I've had problems with DLP that would sway me toward LCD but you might not experience the same issues. Take a look around and see what you like best. The Toshiba 46" DLP your asking about is a very wide TV. It might not fit in the space you have.

Post Number: 7
Thanks for all the help.I'm going to Best Buy and Circuit City tonight with all this new information and hopefully get one of these great HDTV's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us