Sony KF-60WE610 - BUZZ - No Picture

Username: Funone2003

Post Number: 1
Hello All, Unfortunately, after reading the great reviews on this 60", I bought the unit just to have it work one day before not turning on any longer. I have read many of the past posts about bad bulbs and Video Driver Circuit Board and component fixes. Now, I am worried that any TV of this technology may be doomed to failure and certainly a high risk investment. It seems that even Samsung and others are plaqued with problems. Any advice from the experts out there would be appreciated. I am still within my 30 days to return the unit to Goodguys.com. Sony is coming out for their first service call tomorrow, but I seem to see people have multiple service calls over many months. After one year, I have an expensive paper weight. Help ! Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 725
Bill,

Sorry to hear of your bad run of luck. Many thousands buy from online sources without having any problems, but unfortunately for a small percentage.......bad things do happen.

I almost bought my TV online, but at the last moment, I chose to pay more from a brick and mortar store for fear of exactly what you have explained. It's a lot easier to call a local retailer and have them deliver an exchange unit that works than dealing with an online seller 1,000s of miles away.

Hopefully, the service guy will bring good news and the problem is something simple.

Good luck

Post Number: 2
Paul, Thanks for the post. How about the LCD/DLP Rear Projection Technology in general. It seems like a lot of folks are having problems with No Power On, Wheel issues, etc. Is this a problematic technology? Should I even bother with the repair or just get my money back and go with a different technology, brand, etc.?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 729
I personally dont like them, but that's just my opinion. I own a RP-CRT because I think the picture quality and colors are better, plus they're more reliabe.

LCD/DLP owners will try to tell you it's the otherway around, but thats only "in theory" because they're the ones complaining about their 'new TVs' having bulb burnout issues, problems with pixelation, and color issues out of the other side of their mouths. On the positive side, they are lightweight and can fit into smaller spaces.

Post Number: 3
Can anyone tell me that these problems have a solid fix in place once Sony does their service call? I can deal wtih bulb life issues, but the Circuit and flakey turn on issue would kill the deal for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us