Samsungs 74 series got problems.

Username: 5thwheeler

Torrance, CA United States

Post Number: 4
Well the honeymoon is over with my one day old 5674, white vertical lines keep coming up and then I lose the picture entirely. Sometimes I get a psychedelic picture and the remote and side buttons won't work. The only way I can turn the set off is by pulling the plug. Well I pulled the plug for the last time this morning and I'll have to call Sammy. I don't want to take the set back to Costco. I thought all the problems were with the 63 series units, wrong!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 715
Returning the unit to exchange for one that works seems like a small price to pay to rid of a defective product.

Why on earth would you keep it? Unless they gave it to you for free, keeping a broken TV doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Username: Dusterbuster

Post Number: 8
sorry to hear about your problems with the 5674. i too would try to return it to costco for a replacement, although it is a pain to have to haul the huge box to and from the store. i've been debating whether to pickup the 5674 from costco but so far have held off, hoping to catch a glimpse of the new HLR 67 and 68 models coming out.

Post Number: 5
Returning things to Costco isn't always straight forward. I had to get help loading the assembled stand and set on our truck and that was no trivial matter. Costco gave me a full rebate on the set and stand combo, and credited my American Express card. American Express didn't credit my card right away and that became a big hassle, but I must say one of the Costco managers took American Express to hand and within an hour I had the new set and boxed stand loaded in our truck. The new set worked great right out of the box and assembling the new stand was a peace of cake now that I'm an experts at it.

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 37
If its not working, return it and get a new one! You paid good money for it. Let Costco sort out the details.

Post Number: 6
I brought it back to Costco and got another set that seems to be working fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 40
Good job! That makes more sense and I'm sure you feel better about your investment, too.

Observation
Unregistered guest
Sounds like an uncommon video board malfunction.
Doesn't sound like a production run related issue like the 63's.

The advantage of the brick stores is the ability to swap.

Online buyers would have had a warranty repair fiasco!

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 770
no doubt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us