Fixing Old Toshiba TV

kiyoshi
Unregistered guest
Hey, I have an old toshiba tv from 1991, its model number is CF3060K, and its been having seom odd problems. It started out jsut the top was cut off, then the bottom began to get smushed upto the top, now the top and bottom is smushed to a small line in the middle of the tv. so now when i boot up xbox i see a tiny little green X lol. but seriously, is there a way to fix this without spending hundreds because im just a student wihtout money. i could learn to fix w/e as long as you can tell me which part is causing the problem. thank you very much.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 700
Call a tech for an estimate. A TV that old definitely isnt worth spending 'hundreds' to fix, but at least you can find out for sure what is wrong.

Nobody can diagnose your problem except for a tech.

good luck

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 967
I'm no expert on TVs, but it sounds like it might be a bad regulator. I have a Panasonic that did the same thing, it cost $75 to fix. That was 9 years ago, it still works fine.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 720
Yep, and the only way to diagnose the problem and to perform the repair is???

call a service tech.....

There could be any number of things wrong with your TV and there is only one way to determine the cause of your TV problems. Nobody can perform a system check and diagnose your TV via message board.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us