Comcast Dual drive box problem

Potsy
Unregistered guest
I just got Comcast Dvr Hooked up and when I turn on the box I get a black screen, I can see the banner guide and I can pull up the full guide but I still have a black screen. The only way I can get the picture on is to play something I have recorded, once I stop i get a the picture back on Live TV. Is anyone having this problem?

fx
Unregistered guest
Describe your TV brand with model number, how and which cables you have connected to where and I will be able to help you.

xvxvxvx

Potsy
Unregistered guest
Sony Wega Trinitron KV-32FS13. The Comcast guy connected it. HE hooked it up thru Video 1 on the tv.

fx
Unregistered guest
First of all it is odd for you to have the HD-DVR with an analog TV. Next you never told me the type of cables used ie; component, composite, S-Video. I need that info as well.

xvxvxvx

potsy
Unregistered guest
I don't think I have the HD-DVR. Its hooked up with composite cable.

fx
Unregistered guest
There are no SD DVR's supplied by Comcast so if you have one it is an HD-DVR. The most likely problem is that the installer did not setup the box correctly for 480i output on a 4"3 TV. Just call them and make the installer hook it up correctly. Unless you have been fibbing to me and made some menu changes without mentioning it.

If so shame on you potsy.

xvxvxvx

potsy
Unregistered guest
i have not been fibbing. Shame on you fx for calling me a liar. Is there a way I can do it myself?

fx
Unregistered guest
Actuallly I only suggested you might have fibbed, now I am sure of it. Anytime someone is unwilling to request a free service call to fix their probelm they are hiding some information. My guess is you have a stolen STB.

Good luck to you.

xvxvxvx

potsy
Unregistered guest
No just sick of them coming out to fix easy things. I was hoping I would get the help I needed at this website instead I get harassed by you. Are you going to help me or not.

Anonymous

Ohh man, there is no need to be an a$$ about it fx. I found this thread because I have the same problem. The DVR has worked fine for the past 3 months or so that I've had it and then 1 day I turn it on and I had sound but no picture. I thought it was broken but then I played 1 of my recorded shows and it worked, then I stopped it and I could see the live picture again. It doesn't do this everytime but most of the time. I guess I'll keep looking.

Caddy

fjcag@comcast.net
Unregistered guest
Leave the DVR on all the time just shut your TV on and off. This is a known problem with the Moto DVR.

fjcag
Unregistered guest
Leave the DVR on all the time just shut your TV on and off. This is a known problem with the Moto DVR.

Bronze Member
Username: Pstahljr

Post Number: 18
Potsy,

Got the same problem, here's what fixed it.

Got a reply from Comcast, said to call for help. Went through several menu's and got to the service one that said something like "If you have a blank screen or a error code hit #2" After hitting #2, it said it will send a signal to your box by hitting#2 again and after 30 min. it doesn't fix the problem then unplug it for 30 sec. After 20 min. I turned the box off/on and the blank screen was there. So next I unplugged it, waited 30 sec. and Voila! it works again. What is also weird with this box is when I got it, it would be on Channel 8 (our local Comcast channel) when we turned it on, not the last one we were watching. Then for a while it was staying with the channel that was on last. Now it's back to Channel 8 again. Hope this info helps but remember unplugging your box, you'll loose you TV Guide line-up.

Comcrash Denver
Unregistered guest
I had this just begin today. After talking to Comcast, they say it's a known problem with the Motorola DVR. There is no known fix. They advise to leave it on, gobbling up the juice and my electricity money.

Then there is the problem with the MUTE function. When you turn on the box, it will be in Mute mode, with the word MUTE in which across the top of the screen. We've figured out how to fix that one. Press the FAV button, and Mute clears. Weird.

Needless to say, digital cable and the Motorola DVR are not perfected by any stretch. What bothers me is they charge so darned much for something that works so-so.

Cable boy
Unregistered guest
You probably could just get an Initialization sent to the box from comcast. The hard drive wont be hurt and picture should come back after 15 minutes tops. This is for the 1st line on the message board here... If he is still areound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us