Sanyo 32" bubble TV at wal-mart, good brand??

Username: Desp

Post Number: 1
I've been looking around at different stores, and wal-mart seems to be the only place that carries sanyo, is that because it's not a good brand? I always thought in the past they were decent... Anyway this is the TV - http://www.sanyo.com/entertainment/televisions/stereo/index.cfm?productID=1113 - and wal-mart has it for $247. Anyone know what type of comb filter it has? It does have component input so that's decent.... Opinions?

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 82
the component input on that model is only 480i, you can use this for playing DVD's and watching cable or satellite but nothing in HD.

Post Number: 2
Right, not expecting HD, but being component you don't get the color bleed over. I mainly just wasn't sure why wal-mart was the only place that carried them.

Username: Daddyo

Post Number: 2
What do you guys know about Proscan t.v.s

Post Number: 3
What do you guys know about Proscan t.v.s

Post Number: 4
Do you guys have an opinion on Proscan T.V.s
A guy I know is selling a 2001-2002 54' with a year of warranty left. Should I buy it or look for something else?
What do you guys think?

Post Number: 3
Why did you jack my thread? lol

Post Number: 5
haha, Sorry man, I dont really know how to start my own, And I need to know if these T.V.s are junk or what.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 934
Try the start new thread. How many times do you need to ask the same question?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 939
I have a Sanyo 25" TV in the house that isn't very old. Pretty good color, lousy geometrics, crops off a fair amount of the picture. Last I knew according to Consumer Reports, Sanyo TVs had lower breakdowns than most.

videographerII
Unregistered guest
I bought that Sanyo 32" 3 years ago for $500 at Best Buy in Wisconsin. I already had 2 smaller Sanyos based on the Consumer Reports "frequency of repair". I noticed the Walmart price and went to 2 different stores-both were out. Seems they are discounted because of not being "HD ready". Mine are great with cable and one in the kitchen runs great with "rabbit ears"

videographerII
Unregistered guest
P.S. I wanted one for my Mother--the price is great for that TV

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 187
I actually considered buying a 32" Sanyo, a couple of years ago. It was in my 'Top 3' list. I anguished over it for weeks. If I remember correctly, they sold Sanyo's locally at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. 'The choice', so to speak, was between Sanyo, JVC, and Toshiba, in that order. I ended up buying a JVC.

The thing that 'bummed me out' and 'turned me off' the Sanyo was the finish and general appearance of the cabinet, not the PQ. To me, it looked VERY Wal-Mart'ish, for lack of another word. The picture quality looked great, and the price and availability was fine, but I couldn't get past that 'cheesy' cabinet. Maybe they've improved its' looks, but I doubt it. Sanyo TV's have always looked rough-cut and utilitarian.

Personally, I don't want a TV that looks like it belongs on 'Captain Kirk's Pedestal', but I don't want something from 'Sanford and Son' either...

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
"Anyone know what type of comb filter it has? It does have component input so that's decent..."

Doesn't matter, unless you're using s-video or composite inputs, which I assume you won't be. Use component input and forget the comb filter... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
BTW, if you're looking for the best deal, locally, bookmark this web site:

http://www.salescircular.com/

I've been using this resource for a couple of years, and it's priceless...

fx
Unregistered guest
Seems like a fulltime job correcting the Vinster:

A comb filter is not used on an S-Video input either, only on composite inputs.

Back to your regularly scheduled program of misinformation.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
LoL! Oops! Good catch, X-man. Let me rephrase that... :-)

Doesn't matter, unless you're using RF cable or composite inputs, which I assume you won't be. Use component or s-video input and forget the comb filter..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us