LG RC1000 DVD/VCR recorder combi - any opinions?

Hot Pepper
Unregistered guest
I have the Bush DVRHS02 (aka DVHRS02?), and basically it doesn't work right. Editing
hangs. Can't record onto any DVD+Rs except TDKs etc. etc. I have exchanged this
machine once, but the problems persist, so it is obviously a poorly produced
machine. (see thread https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/111808.html).

I want to take it back to the shop, and I'm thinking of exchanging it with the LG
RC1000. I have Googled for the LG, and haven't found
any forums for it. So I take this as a good sign that people are not having
problems with it, especially as I found Region Hacks for it! I am a little
nervous though, as I have had 2 VCRs from LG and they both interfered with my
Channel 4 reception, and they both packed up after about 18 months.

I'm looking for opinions from anyone who has already bought this machine. I'm particularly interested in disc compatibility, especially in which DVD+Rs / DVD+RWs it can use. Oh -- and I would also like to be able to stop it after it has started recording from a timed record setting. (On the Bush, I set the timer to the wrong channel and didn't realize until the record had started. Then I could
not stop it either from the front panel or the controller. I had to unplug the
recorder to get it to stop!)

Any opinions on this machine would be welcome!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 930
Stay away from combos, you're asking for trouble.

Username: Peterdude1

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 5
DAVID I DONT KNOW WHY YOU KEEP SLAGGING OFF DVD COMBI RECORDERS , CHECK OUT THE LG RC 1000
OR THE LG RC 68227 THE LATTER PLAYS NTSC THE OTHER PLAYS PAL , BUT IT DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOX PIC IS EXCELLENT EDITING IS GREAT I THINK THEY GOT IT RITE ITS MUTI FORMAT BOTH MINUS +PLUS WINDOWS MEDIA J.PEG KODAK PROGRESSIVE SCAN VIDEO PLUS DRAW BACK ON THE RC 68227 ITS ONLY PAL PLAYBACK THE RC 1000 IS NTSC
GOOD UNITS ,PETERDUDE1

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 988
Wait and see how long it lasts and how much it costs to get it fixed.

Hot Pepper
Unregistered guest
Thanks Peter for your constructive feedback. Does the RC1000 record to both DVD+ and DVD- formats? My biggest worry is if it will interfere with the Channel 4 signal. Plus I have had bad experiences with LG VCRs in the past. Of course, the VCR part will not be heavily used so perhaps it will last longer that the previous ones.

David, Thanks for your concern, but I specifically want a combi so that I can copy VHS family camcorder films to DVD.

Unregistered guest
I am also interested in this machine, and would like to know where did Hot Pepper find the hack for the lg rc 1000, I would really appreciate it if you could email me. Also does this machine have twin tuner when recording from either vhs or dvd

Hot Pepper
Unregistered guest
I found them by Googling for LG RC1000. To save you time, they are at this link : http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/forums/thread.asp?Forum=176&Thread=414129&Type=1&N ewPosts=1

Username: Royston46

Post Number: 1
Does this combi record to DVD- as well as DVD+. It's difficult to tell from on-line specs as the just say "DVD+ recoding compatible"

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 6
I HAVE THE LG RC 1000 AND I WOULD RECOMEND THIS UNIT . IM INTHE BIZZ AND HAVE 3 RECORDERS SONY/HITACHI/PHILLIPS , THE LG RC 1000 IS THE BEST OF THE LOT , THE VHS IS A BIT IFFY ? PICTURE WISE BUT PUT A VHS TO- DVD GREAT IMPROVEMENT , I HAVE RECORDED OVE 100 VHS TAPES
TO DVD ALL PERFECT . AND ITS MULTI FORMAT MINUS AND PLUS , YOU CAN ALSO HACK IT TO MULTI REGIONAL PLAY SEE HOT PEPPER ABOVE FOR THE LINK
COS ITS NOT TOP RANGE DONT BE PUT OFF BY SO CALLED EXPERTS ON HERE , THIS IS AN ALL IN ONE UNIT THAT WORKS , PICKS UP SKY THE LOT 2 TUNERS FOR VCR + DVD FOR LESS THAN 250 NOTES GO BUY IT
GOOD LUCK ,PETERDUDE1

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 7
royston hi , yes it copys both minus +plus formats
its a great machine go get one hope this helps you dont take to much notice of some people on here i got this unit and its wicked man , good luck .peterdude1

geoff45
Unregistered guest
Could someone tell me if it is possible to record something from a dvd and put it onto another dvd, without having to put it onto VHS first

Unregistered guest
I have tried two of the LG1000 models: in both cases the setup screen and later when playing tapes or DVDs was in Green !! Any ideas? Both went back to Argos for refund.

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 8
HELLO PETER RE YOUR DVD-R RECORDERS THE LG 1000 SERIES HAS YOU HAD 2 MODELS AND YOU SENT THEM BOTH BACK IT WOULD APPEAR TO BE YOUR TV SETTINGS?
CHOOSE MENU THEN PICTURE THEN AV SET TO VIDEO HAS IT MIGHT BE SET TO S-VIDEO NAD IF YOUR USING A SCART THEN IT WOULD NEED TO BE SET TO RGB , THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I SET UP A VIDEO RECORDER TO MY SATTELITTE THE PIC WAS GREEN
SO I CHANGED THE STTINGS ON BOTH THE VCR TO VIDEO
AND THE TV THE SAME ITS NOT THE DVD RECORDERS . PLEASE REFER TO BOTH YOUR TV AND YOUR NEXT DVD RECORDERS MANUALS GOOD LUCK , PETERDUDE1

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 9
peter i dont think your dvd recorders are at fault ? has you had 2 models , i think the settings on your tv are maybe wrong ? set the tv to RGB and if its set to s.video take that out and change it to VIDEO if your using a scart lead
same thing happened to me when my sattelitte was set to the seprerate vcr i just changed the tv setting to video has loke you the pic was green refer to your tv manual good luck ,peterdude1

Username: Heebs

Hi...re the LG RC1000...can you transfer things from a freeview Hard drive recorder to the dvd or video of this machine...am keen on it..can anyone suggest where we can pick it up for less than the argos price of 280.00

Unregistered guest
Heebs, There were a few of these RC 1000s knocking about on Ebay 3 months ago. I bought one for £150 inc postage. Sealed and brand new and I have linked it up with Sky plus which has a hard drive recorder built in. Quality of recording is fine.

New query though. Discussions above regarding "green screens" in the set up mode. What happens if you get no screen at all during tuning through the UHF (Coax aerial) method. I have 4 TVs and none of them can tune into this LG RC1000 at all. I spoke with their Helpline and they were less than helpful. I guess the Output tuner from this machine is just broken. Anyone with similar experiences and answers?

Wacko

Unregistered guest
In the timespace between my last post and now, I have purchased a Scart to RF converter circa £18 from ebay which will convert the scart output from the RC 1000 to a coax cable signal which is receivable in any type of television. This at least solves my "dvd and video distribution around the house" problem out. As a last word to all of you with this type of unit. If you have a problem, do NOT try to get an answer from LG. Even they do not understand the difference between a "digital" and "RF" signal and certainly could not answer my question.

LondonUnited kingdom

Post Number: 10
hello i have a lot audio visual stuff connecred to my tv set , including satalitte a vcr and a LG dvd combi recorder , i have hacked the dvd - recorder and i want to get a LCD tv can some help when i tune in the new LCD tv will i lose the hack on my dvd recorder? also if i set back to factory setinngs on the dvd recorder will that lose the multiple region hack? thanks peterdude1

Unregistered guest
Hi all, I am a complete novice - just bought online from Argos (£250 + £4.95 p&p) an LG RC1000 combi VCR/DVD recorder/player with a view to grabbing all of the Bob Dylan stuff that's on BBC2 & 4 this week, with the obvious view to transferring on to DVDs later - bit ambitious for me! Initially got 'green screen' when connected it up via cable box, until previously 'silent' partner leapt into action and flipped over the tiny black switch (barely visible) on the back of the unit identified in user book (nuff said) as 'component source' or something like that anyway. Wow! Green screen suddenly became perfect picture, gasps of relief as I was coming to the conclusion that I had just bought a pretty expensive clock. Problem now is with getting channels tuned in, have got the five basic terrestrial ones, but 'user guide' (only for Einstein and the like as far as I'm concerned) is not very clear as to how to add a channel, in this case BBC4 on to the program list so that I can set timer. It's killing me recording from live TV and having to sit up late night to check/edit start times - last night I just put the TV on to BBC4, stuck a video in, started the program recording, then went to bed and left the damn thing to itself. Don't really like to leave a m/c running live until the tape runs out, but no choice. Anybody know 'the easy way' to add a channel into the preset list, so I can use time set/PDC function?? From someone desperate and very tired - help!!!

Unregistered guest
Have just bought a new LG RC1000 and the hack mentioned on this page will not work due to new kind of remote. ie: no sliding cover on remote to enable locking of machine. So a new hack required also need to get rid of copy right function, any one able to help

Unregistered guest
i have just got an LG RC 1000 but i cant make it multi region can anyone help.i have tryed the link on hot pepper but my remote dose not have a cover to slide open or a lock button.please help .
thanks simon

don.king
Unregistered guest
I have recently purchased LGRC1000
£149.99 PLUS VAT FROM MACKRO ON OFFER AT THIS TIME.
Sky box will only record if sky channel is on the tv screen. Then you can only watch terrestrial TV via change of AV on your TV.
"PLEASE NOTE IN WALES ONLY 3 CHANNELS HTV BBC1 WALES AND BBC2 WALES" DUE TO GOVERNMENT FAILURES TO UPDATE WALES TO CHANNEL 4 AND CHANNEL FIVE UNLESS ON ENGLISH BORDERS.

Mattholl
Unregistered guest
I am thinking about buying a LGRC1000, and was just wandering, is it the best one out there? I brought a Bush DVRHS02 VCR and DVD Recorder Combi and had it for 2 days. i then read the forums for the bush which i should of done before,haha, it had terrible reviews and every post on the forum said their Bush was freezing up, so was mine. So Straight back to Argos for a full REFUND!!! so dont trust BUSH!!! so if you could just tell me how good the LG is please

Username: Johng

anybody have a solution for this - I also have the rc1000 with the remote control that does not include the slide cover or lock button. Any idea on how to make muti-region. Any help appreciated
thanks

Anonymous

i sadly own a dvrhs02 and when i power up it just has the message WAIT_____ . its driving me nuts. HHHEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP.what have i done wrong

Trish in Dublin
Unregistered guest
That's exactly what mine ended up doing - I just took it back to Argos - getting an LG as a replacement

Unregistered guest
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these but am a little worried I'll not be able to make it region free. Some of you have commented that the remote has changed and so the hack that was posted before now won't work. After googling further, I've not come up with any other way of doing it. Simonthepieman, Brian Austin and John Goulding...did you get a hack?

Unregistered guest
I have had a Dvhrso2 machine for about a year and it is very temperamental with regards recording onto different dvd+r discs. It is excellent on Hyundai +r discs but will not record onto any others now. Does anyone else have this problem?
Also my ntsc tapes play back but with a shadow of a feint band down the left hand side.

Username: Jdn5764

I have a lgrc1000, after replacing it from the well known bush!. I have been transferring my old cam corder home videos onto dvd and been copying them for family using my laptop and the nti burning software. Things were fine when I recorded them on the Bush dvd. I took that back to Argos because it kept locking up, causing discs to be lost.
However, I have now tried to copy a dvd that I copied on the LG recorder. It copies to the hard drive as an image on the pc okay, but when you put a blank disc in to copy it, it says that the target disc isn't big enough to take the data. Yet there is some time left on the disc to burn. So how can the disc be too small? Seems strange when they both are 4.7 gb discs. any suggestions as I've tried everything and I have tons of copies to do for the family. I hope its something simple and that I haven't wasted more money on something I can't use the way I wanted it to.

Username: Hughiepal

BristolUk

How do you connect a Bush dvrhs02 to a freeview settop box? What is the blue scart on the dvrhs02 for??

Username: Meehole

Hednesford, Uk Uk

need the unlock code for (lg rc1000 dvd/vcr recorder)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us