30pw8420 Philips HDTV

Username: Gio7707

Post Number: 1
Hello ,
I am new to this forum and I like to know how to setup a wide screen on the 30pw8420 model , provider is Comcast.It seems that I can't get wet of those black bars on the left and right.Any solutions for that ??

Thanks Gio

fx
Unregistered guest
Any non-HD programming will/should have the black bars. Your display should have some stretch modes in it's internal menu.

Well I researched your TV a little, it may not have any stretch modes so you might be out of luck. Try looking in your owners manual.

xvxvxvx

Username: Gio7707

Post Number: 2
Thanks , however I found out that with Satellite at least I get the HD and wide screen, but not with the mototrola box from Comcast.

Thanks GB

smf
Unregistered guest
We recently purchased a Philips HDTV 30PW8420 but at this time we do not want to purchase HD signal from DirectTV due to upgrade costs. Our problem: The quality of the image is degraded from our old non digital TV. Images getting fuzzy then go sharp and then fuzzy again. Words on screen seem to have ghost image. Is this the result of trying to display the older signal format on the newer HDTV or is this some other problem? Thanks for any help - new to HDTV.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1879
You have assumed correctly.

HDTVs dont like old signal format. Your new TV has over a million pixels, and the signal you're sending cant begin to scratch the surface of filling those pixels. It's like owning a brand new Ferrari, and trying to run it on corn syrup. Of course, corn syrup being your lowdef TV signal.

Good luck....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us