Component cable useful ?

Username: Zzoo

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have a naive question about HDTV and its cable, I hope you could give me a clue.

If we have non-high-definition sources (like regular cable or DVD player), is it worth to have a component cable ? Or a S-Video cable is good enough since the source is not HD ?

And now if I play xBox games, do I benefit a lot from component cable ? Or the difference between component and regular cable is very insignificant and not perceivable with human eyes ?

I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 566
Nam,

If you own a HDTV and are not feeding HD quality signals through it, you're committing a cardinal sin!!! If that's the case, you've wasted your money buying HD technology if you only plan to feed it a garbage signal because the end result will be a garbage picture.

It's like buying a porsche, and fueling it with home brewed grain alcohol because it'll never run.

The question should be.......
"is it worth having a HDTV if we plan to only feed low definition signals into it???"

The answer is a resounding NO.

jacek
Unregistered guest
while paul's response was strongly worded, he is acctually correct. without component cable you cannot take adventage of the progressive DVD signal (480p), which is superior to 480i. HDTV is 720p or 1080i.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us