Panasonic, PT - 50LC13 Bulb for

Username: Crackedthecase

Black Eagle, Montana U. S. A.

Post Number: 2
Bulbs on my Panasonic PT-50LC13 burnt out frequently enough I cracked the case myself after the second one burnt out. First one burnt out after 7 months, second one 4 months.
Approximately 2400 hours of use for the second one.
I opened the case to replace it and examined the inside. Dust, dust and more dust.
Using a vacuum tool to clean computer cases, and motherboards, I removed the dust from inside and off the little path the light passes through to project. Afterward the television sets color was brighter, while white was almost painful to look at. I reset the temperature to cool.
The dust was probably the main cause, although a cold draft occurring when the bulb is on for eight hours could cause the effect of shattering it too.
What I think is; it would be a good idea to stock up on Bulbs. Or I will just wait for the new LCD Big Screen televisions of 2010.
Anyone know where a person could buy TY-LA1000 in bulk? If so, anyone want to buy a couple each and see if we can get the price down to a more reasonable tag?

In the meantime before my new one burns out; once a week; I will turn off the set, let it cool down completely, and in the morning carefully remove the bulb and dust inside and out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us