Samsung HLP4674W - vertical white lines

Username: Alincal

Post Number: 1
We have had this DLP for about 4 weeks and it was working great. Now, when we first turn on the TV, we get vertical white lines (about 1 1/2 inches apart) that remain for the first 5 minutes, then disappear. They show on TV, cable, VCR, and DVD. Anyone know what is going on?

FYI
Unregistered guest
That's a new one!

Something's messed up on the video board.
If you can't swap it call 1-800-SAMSUNG for factory authorized service.

Peas
Unregistered guest
If you turn the TV on it's side are the lines now horizontal? If so you have a real problem and should schedule an immediate service call. If not look at your glasses and see if they have vertical streaks on them.

Peas

Anonymous

hey peas youre real funny if you cant say anything remotely inteligent say bye bye

Username: Alincal

Post Number: 3
I went back to the place I bought it (GoodGuys). I explained the problem. They said they had not heard of this problem before, but have made arrangements to take the set back and give me a new one. They were extremely accomidating. I am glad I did not buy it on-line to save a few extra dollars. I can just imangine the problems I would have had. I had not bought the extended service contract because I usually do not believe them, but this is one time I think I will go for it. From everything I have read about this technology, and not just Samsung, I think this might be the one time it is worth the extra money for 5 years of not having to worry about an expensive repair. Negotiated the cost to $250 for 5 years.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Excellent outcome!

It's true that online purchasers can't really swap out do to shipping charges. It's not always a bad situation for them, though. My factory warranty work was performed quickly and I believe my set is better now with the Phillips lamp and the air bearing color wheel.

Sure hope your new 74 is trouble free. Enjoy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us