Video editing a dvd recorder disk on computer

Username: R3n4ud

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone. Have a quick question. Is it possible to put a disk in dvd recorder, record, put disk in computer dvd burner, edit, then burn?

Or is it only possible to edit from dvd recorder and burn there?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 803
You can edit and make menus on a computer, but you'll need a program to do it.

Username: R3n4ud

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
I have power director 4.

Just wasn't sure if I could video edit a dvd recorder disk on pc. Does the dvd recorder disc have to be DVD-RAM or can it be DVD-RW/DVD+RW to video edit on pc?

Thanks for helping!

Silver Member

Post Number: 809
If you are looking to edit then burn to a seperate disc, any disc can be edited. I don't know what Power Director 4 will do. I use TMPGEnc DVD Author, it will do any DVD, RAM, +-RW.

Username: Yo_goeng

Post Number: 5
so if adding menus and sounds to the dvd menus on the computer to a dvd recorder disc will that work if the disc has been finalised? or only if not finalised? assuming i'm going to use dvd-r discs. is the disc then finalised on the computer or back in the dvd recorder? sorry if this is a really stupid question!

Silver Member

Post Number: 815
DVD-R discs themselves can't be edited on anything, even before finalizing. Programs can be deleted, but they can't be edited. You have to record the disc, edit and burn to another disc. You can use an RW or RAM disc, make the recording, then edit on the PC and burn to a DVD-R. Then you can erase the RW, RAM disc and reuse it. If you use RAM you need a drive that will read RAM and a program that is RAM compatible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us