JVC and Dish network compatible???

Username: Glynnkjk

Post Number: 1
I just switched from comcast digital to dish network. before the recorder was working fine(its a
DR-MV1S by JVC) Now with the dish the recorder will not even set up. The install is as such----

The cable is attached to a splitter
the two cables from the splitter are connected to the DVD input and the VCR input
then the cable is attached from the recorder (out to TV) to the TV.

simple right??just like the directions from jvc--
the problem is the recorder does not see the dvd input anntena---

the tv is a (REMOTE TV) on the dish network--and has to be on channel 60---i set the tuner on the recorder to match but whenever i switch (TV/DVD) button it goes static and no menu or prompt to be seen--on channel 60 and av channel #3

hope you understand what i'm talking about and can help----thanks,glynn

formerly xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Most recorders are incompatible with Sat receiver signals wheras they work fine on CATV systems. I am unfamiliar with Dish but I believe all the signals are digital. Your recorder has only an analog (NTSC) tuner (no digital ATSC tuner). Therefore it cannot tune in the all digital signals from your Sat receiver.

xvxvxvx

Username: Glynnkjk

Post Number: 2
thanks i'll check into it and see what the manual says and also try using on another set in series w/box--
thanks for responding

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 806
Don't use coax, use an s-video cable or RCA jacks from the satellite to the recorder. Coax will result in an inferior picture and mono audio, RCA jacks will be stereo audio.

Unregistered guest
i need help hooking up a jvc dvd recorder to vhs& dvd set to a dish network satellite dish !!!! please help , i just want to record my vhs to dvd not anything from the dish what do i do ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
Connect the VCR to the recorder with RCA jacks, do the same if you want to record from the satellite.

Unregistered guest
I will be moving to a house and getting rid of comcast cable. I am interested in getting Dishtv and will probably get the Dish DVR-625 recorder.
(their version of "tivo" without the monthly chrg)

My question is this...If I have a dvd recorder/vcr will I be able to archive programs that are saved in the DVR-625 onto my recorder.. dvd disk?? If so..please let me know how. I think the techs at Dishtv will say anything to get me to sign up!

Thanks for any info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1127
You would be better off to just use the DVD recorder, the quality would be better than recording twice.

Unregistered guest
David...if I just use a dvd recorder/vcr(one combo unit)could you please explain how I would hook up these components....satellite rcvr/dvd recorder/vcr/toshiba 42" projection tv/kenwood surround sound a/v receiver?? Would you reccomend
instead of the dvd recorder/vcr to get the Humax Drt 800 that has the built in dvr/dvd?

I appreciate your help...you seem to be very knowledgeable....I'm a geek when it comes to electronics.

Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
I don't know anything about the Humax, so I can't help on that one. How many outputs does the satellite have?

Unregistered guest
David..the dish sat rcvr pvr625 has an s video output and and a/v rca jack output as well as a rf cable output.
If I use the dish pvr...how would I hook it up to a dual dvd recorder/vcr so I can copy to dvd disk on a dvd recorder/vcr?

Thanks,
Stu

tml
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what brand dvd recorder/vcr (combo) comes with an IR blaster that will control a dishtv satellite receiver??

Thanks for any info

Gold Member

Post Number: 1132
Stuart You would connect the PVR with an s-video cable or RCA jacks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us