Problem with Recording Satellite Programs

Username: The_crock

Kettering, OH

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have a Panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Recorder and I am trying to get it so I can record satellite programs on television. I can't get it so my recorder will auto-program the satellite channels so I can setup timers and such with my VCR-Plus codes. The recorder just does not read the channels. I have heard there is some trick to getting it programmed, but I don't know how to do it, and can't find any information on it.

Does anyone know how to do this? Can you give me the instructions on how to do this? I got a brand new recorder about a month ago, and I can't really use it.

Again, I have a Panasonic DMR-E55 Recorder on an Akai Big Screen TV. My satellite subscriber is The Dish Network.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Tlstrieg

Post Number: 16
Hi Dan. I have the Panasonic E85, and in the manual, it says the TV Guide function won't work with satellite TV, i.e. Dish Network or Direct TV. I have Dish Network, and here's how I work around it.

First, I connect my DishNet box to my Pan E85 (I use S-video cable), and then go from my E85 to my TV - a Sony 41-inch projection model - again using S-video.

To record a movie or other program, I set my DishNet box to Auto Tune the program, and then I set the Timed Recording function on the E85 to record to the hard drive based on the start and stop times listed on the DishNet on screen schedule. If the movie is more than 2 hrs. long, I set it to FR record mode. Otherwise, I use SP mode.

The same procedure should work to record directly to a DVD.

It's a bit more cumbersome than a one-click method, but it works, and once I got used to it, I found it not unduly complex.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Tom

Anonymous

I just purchased a Liteon 5006 DVD recorder and currently use Directv. The DVD channel set up does not recognize any Directv channels. Is there another way to do this or am I limited to recording as the program is shown on Directv?
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 800
You have to use the satellite receiver for channels. Connect to the DVD recorder with RCA jacks or an s-video cable, not coax through the tuner. Connecting to a line input will give a far superior picture and stereo audio, with coax audio will be mono.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us