Analog signal reception

mills014
Unregistered guest
I just got my digital cable and HD hooked up on my new Samsung 4663. The analog signal for the regular cable stations is really bad. It seems worse through the digital cable box then when I first had the coaxial cable going directly from the jack to the TV. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it? Is there a way to fix it without having to switch sources every time I want to switch from a digital station to an analog station? That could be really annoying.

grfunk
Unregistered guest
I had that same problem with that Samsung. I had to split the cable and use the RF input to get a watchable SD signal. I had a Motorola HD cable box with the DVR. It was a piece of crap as far as SD signals go. I finally got rid of the cable box because I took the TV back and got a Sony LCD that had dual ATSC tuners. I pick up local HD off an antenna and plug the cable into the other RF input. SD looks fine and HD is great.

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 17
The more electronice in the chain, the worse anything is especially analog cable. It's noisy to begin with and only gets worse.
As far as satelite, no noise, just a smeary image with the excessive compression they use.
No win situation!

Username: Formmb

Post Number: 9
I thought I would add to this. I also have the Sammy 4663 and the analog reception was awful. I called Comcast and they installed a splitter so that I could change the source to a feed that would bypass the box. That source helped the reception quite a bit.

A funny thing happened though. I returned my box and received a new box that has DVR capability. While the DVR is fantastic, the analog reception is now terrific as well. It is not HD quality but it is as good as any analog that I have ever had. I think Comcast old boxes were screwed up. Even before I had HDTV, my analog reception was messed up. I had a 32" Panasonic and most stations were awful.

Username: Boxleiter

Post Number: 1
I am not very adept in technical jargon, I just purchased a Samsung High Def Plasma, my high def channels come in great but my digital cable signal is very poor for non high def channels, I have tried RCA cables and component and suprisingly RCA gives me a better signal than component. Is this a result of my cable provider or can I rewire somethings to improve this signal. Is HDMI an option? Can someone please help me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us