Sony kd-34xbr960 with dark picture

Username: Rayray

Post Number: 1
I have a new KD-34XBR960 that has a dark picture! It's like looking at programs through sun glasses. I am using TimeWarner San Diego and have installed a SA8300DVR cable box. When the cable is attached directly to the TV, the analog stations come throught clear and bright - but the digital and HD stations are dark with almost no shading. When connected via the cable box, all pictures are dark with minimal or no shading. (I have tried a Pioneer cable box and a SA3250HD box, but the picture is the same.) I have also spent considerable time trying to brighten up the picture using the TV controls. A Sony tech came to my house and adjusted the geometry and increased the internal brightness level, but didn't have an explanation for the dark picture. A Time Warner tech in the home office said that they have received some other complaints regarding dark pictures - they are looking into it, but who knows what they are doing.

I am awaiting the RMA from the Sony authorized e-tailer where I purchased the unit...oh well...

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us