Hitachi 60VX915, JVC 61Z575, Samsung 5685W or5674W

Username: Jamesslally

Post Number: 2
Now Im sorry to revisit this topic again. Ive read all the posts I could find so far and they have been very helpful. I agree everyone has different expectations from their TVs and that will greatly affect which model will be right for them. So I was hoping I could spell out some of mine and get your opinions. I went to best buy in search of some help and found out that after reading these fourms I was better versed than pretty much all of their salesmen on the tvs I had questions about. The other problem I came across is that all the tvs at BB are tuned to a channel thats in HD with no jerky movement or huge changes in contrast so they all looked great. I was unable to see the rainbows, screen doors, pincushions...I was desperately searching for. Onward...My TV will be in a family room not a dedicated HT room so at times the room will be fairly light. I watch alot of movies CD and VHS, I am trying to get away from the VHS but Ill still be watching them until I can replace my favorites with DVDs. I have a gamecube. I don't play it constantly, but I go through phases, the TV I do watch usually consists of the food network, seinfeld, king of queens and law and order reruns. Although Im looking forward to watching the masters in HD. Hopefully that will help a bit. Finally, I liked all the TVs I looked at. The Hitachi in particular was stunning, but it was in a dark room in a higher end AV store. It was also quite a bit more $ than the others, and probably a bit out of the budget unless it is a considerately better TV for my needs. Anyway please help the more research I do, the less sure I am of which tv to buy. Thanks in advance.

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
hitachi hands down!!!

some of the best electrical engineering ever!

excellent customer service

proven track record for low product failure.

best bang for the buck ,the low end products

are better then most middle to high end competition.

they are usally the first to refine any new technology and they create alot of it.

they now own a portiton of matushita electronics. (panasonic)

their going to buy alot of people out of failing
business,which means their not going anywhere.

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
Chinese Poet,

I hope you have recovered from the grief that FYI/DLP4ME gave you yesterday!LOL I hope I don't aggravate you. I'll tread lightly;)

I have a question for you concerning the Hitachi TV's (LCD in particular). I have read from numerous forums that the Hitachi's for some reason have a greenish tint to the picture. On the AVS forum, it was noticed by someone even on this expensive directors edition. When I was in Circuit City, I was looking at the 50VS810 and I also noticed a greenish cast around flesh tones. Do you know what the story is behind this? It seems like the majority of the negative post's is because of this issue. Is it something that's just inherrited from Hitachi's light engine?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us