NTSC VHS tapes onto DVD

Username: Biaya

Post Number: 4
I shelled out £200 at the weekend on a Daewoo DVDRecorder/VCR combi which plays NTSC videos. I have lots of American videos that friends have made for me and sent to me and I really want to put these onto DVD. when I try to copy the NTSC format tapes I get this message "Disc has a different tv system to current input picture". Pal format is fine.
I've e-mailed Daewoo but no response. Any ideas please?
Thank you.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Although it may play NTSC format tapes it is in fact a UK product and will only burn in PAL format.

xvxvxvxv

Post Number: 5
I got it to work last night - it does record NTSC. As long as you press Play on the video before Copy it works fine. I am extermely pleased. Now I just need the region code hack.

Username: Dino

Post Number: 1
Hi. Caroline. What model DVD recorder do you have. I have lots of NTSC video tapes, that I want to transfer to DVD. THANKS. Regards, raham.

Post Number: 6
Hi Raham, I have the Daewoo DF-4150P vcr/dvd combi, but the recording didn't work well. I've now sorted that out by linking the combi to my old NTSC video recorder - works a treat. i still want to get the Daewoo to be multi region though but NOBODY knows how to do it.

Post Number: 2
Hi again, Caroline. Are you in the UK, or in the USA ?? I'm in UK. My vcr will play both PAL and NTSC video tapes, but I've been told it puts out a "modified" NTSC signal, and not a true one. This apparently could be a problem . I've asked many times in lots of shops for answers , but nobody can tell me anything definate.
As you know, I have lots of NTSC video's that I now want to transfer to DVD. There doesn't seem to be a machine here in the UK that will do this. ( At least it doesn't say so in the instruction manuals ), so I am searching for someone, like yourself, who can tell me that ..."YES, this machine will do it !! ".....
It sounds as if you've cracked it, but is your VCR a pure NTSC type ??
I hope you don't mind this additional question, but all your help would be most welcome. THANKS. Graham.

Post Number: 7
Hi graham
My VCR is not pure NTSC it does both NTSC and Pal. As I say I linked it to my combi and it works fine. Good luck.

Post Number: 3
OK. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Graham.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us