Toshiba 62HM14 at Costco

Username: Rmalghan

Post Number: 1
Costco is selling this Toshiba DLP which has a model number 62HM14. I donot see this model on Toshiba's website. I understand that sometimes some vendors sell some products with model numbers unique @ Costco. But anybody have any idea if this is same as 62HM84?

Thanks
Ray

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
The one Costco sells is the 62HM84, not 62HM14.It's last years model. The new models are the 62HMX84 and the 62HMX94. Here's the link...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11041460&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=48 48&hierPath=79*4848*

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 48
HD Fanatic,

All of the TV's that end in 4 are last years models, hence the 4 at the end. ;). They were released starting in August. There are NO new models for 2005 yet.

FYI

The nomenclature can be confusing but hear are the basics:
Of course the first number is the size of the TV,
H for High Def, A for Analog.
If theres an M, its a DLP, P for Plasma, L for LCD, (its CRT by default)
X is for Cinema Series
8* indicated no integrated tuner
9* indicates integrated ATSC/QAM tuner
* indicates model year 200*

In some of the previous years, they had a D in that indicated DVI, but they've dropped that since all of the new HDTVs have DVI or HDMI.

Post Number: 2
HD Fanatic: costco.com does show it as 62HM84. But I checked 3 local costco warehouses. They are selling the 62HM14 with stand for 3399. But I donot see any literature/support for 62HM14 on toshiba's website.

Ray

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
My bad... Thanks for correcting me on that one:>

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
Ray,
That's interesting. I'm sure its the same set. I saw the same set at my local Costco and it had the same amount of input/outputs as the 62HM84. Maybe they modified the model # so that they know that it came from their store if it's ever returned.. Next time I'm in Costco's (probably tomorrow), I'll look at the model # listed in the store.

Post Number: 3
I spoke to a toshiba sales rep just now. They said 62HM84 and 62HM14 are the same models.

Ravi

LTB
Unregistered guest
I also bought the 62HM14 and am confused about the model number. Also confused why Costco would sell the 62HM84 for $2799 online and charge $3399 for the 62HM14 at the store?? BestBuy will meet Costco's price, but will not include the stand

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
I guess the reason they charge more at the store is because it comes with the stand, and the one online does not. (from what I have read). How are you liking that Toshiba?

LTB
Unregistered guest
I have to say the picture on the Toshiba is outstanding. I considered the Sony and also a 56" Samsung. The rep told me Samsung is now owned by Toshiba so they use similar technology??? He also said Samsung/Toshiba had opportunity to "own" DLP technology but did not pay enough? All in all, I love the DLP!

Bronze Member
Username: Vikingknut

Post Number: 16
Sounds like the rep was a little ill-informed. Toshiba didn't buy Samsung. Also, I believe that Texas Instruments (who created DLP) would not offer exclusivity. They want as many companies making DLP sets as possible. However, for the right price anything is possible.

As an aside, I also own a Toshiba 62HM94 and I have to agree with your statement on the picture being outstanding.

tvfreak234
Unregistered guest
On the 62hm14, or 62hm84, how is the viewing angle? How does it compare to top models?

jedi
Unregistered guest
just got back from Costco... the 62HM14 is now price at $2999 w/stand.. great deal.

jedi
Unregistered guest
just got back from Costco... the 62HM14 is now price at $2999 w/stand.. great deal.

Mike2005
Unregistered guest
Anyone know where I can find pictures and spec's of the 2005 Toshiba DLP that is taking the place of the 62HM84? I'm considering buying the 62HM14 sinces its such a great price but wondering if I should wait till the 2005 model comes out since the DLP technology is improving so much from year to year.

DLP FREAK
Unregistered guest
I just bought the Toshiba 62HM14 w/stand from costco for $2999. I also have a Sony NS975V w/Monster 400 HDMI cables. All I have to say is WOW! The only complaint I have with the television is that there are some smudges or fingerprints on the other side of the screen. It also might be some lint on the lamp itself. I was thinking of exchanging it but my buddy has the same problem with the same exact television. So...we might have bought a bad batch from costco and the hassle of exchanging it with the thought of the smudges occuring on the exchanged television might not be worth it. I will contact Toshiba and see how they intend on dealing with my situation. Other than that...a 62 inch DLP for $2999 w/stand is a steal.

Username: Dusterbuster

Post Number: 5
buying from costco is nice because of the great return policy. another place to check out is onecall ($2599 including shipping), which is one of the better authorized online retailers.

btw, has anyone seen the samsung hlp5674 at costco? there have been reports of this set being sold in socal, but i'm trying to find one here in the bay area (california). thanks.

RMS
Unregistered guest
the almaden costco in San Jose has the 5674 for 2999.99. I'm thinking of picking one up since I just finally got all new audio equiment and furniture for the living. The TV is all that remains to be purchased.

Username: Dusterbuster

Post Number: 7
thanks RMS. it looks like the bay area costco's have received these sets. still debating whether to jump on the deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us