SONY HD to DIRECT TV HD RECEIVER to TOSHIBA RS-TX20 to

Username: Christopher770

Duluth, GA USA

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to determine how or if I have my components hooked correct for the highest degree of quality. The components I have are:
1. DIRECT TV HD RECEIVER H10
2. TOSHIBA DVDR RS-TX20
3. SONY 34" HDTV 34HS420
Logical thought tells me that I would feed the signal in the exact order as I've noted above. However, this is my delima. From Satellite/Wall to HD Receiver, I use the RF cable. From the Samsung/DirecTV the only out is: Component, HDMI or S-Video. However, the only input to the Toshiba is 1) RF In 2) Composit IN or 3) S-Video, then I can use the Component/Composit/S-Video Out to the TV.

I feel as thought I am kinda screwed here. I would think there would be HDMI out and in, but alas there is not. Looks like my only options are:

1) RF In > S-Vid Out > S-Vid In > S-Vid Out > S-Vid in.

2) RF In > Composit Out > Composit In > Component Out > Component IN

3) RF In > S-Vid Out > S-Vid In > Component Out > Component In

Q) I think that 3 is better than 1. 2 is the worst. Do I not loose quality. I would think that with a Brand New Item such as the Toshiba TX20 that they would have an HDMI In and Out for the Optimum Picture Quality.

Does anyone have any sugestions?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
" I would think that with a Brand New Item such as the Toshiba TX20 that they would have an HDMI In and Out for the Optimum Picture Quality. "

No DVD recorder will ever have a digital input such as DVI or HDMI. You would be able to make perfect copies of copyright protected shows. That ain't gonna happen!

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
To xvxvxvx (Ive posted this in 2 forums trying to get a reply)(is there an easier way?)

I just purchased the E-85 to go along with Comcast digital cable (and HD). Ive read all the gripes about the guide. My take is if it doesnt download I just manually program the thing. Can you tell me if Im thinking right on the hookup. here goes......

Scenario 1) component out of cable box into E-85. componenet out of E-85 to TV. Digital Audio to Denon Receiver (3805) from cable box AND from E-85. To record to HD I'll connect S-Video from Cable box to E85 (+LR audio cables)

Scenario 2) Component out of cable box to Receiver. Component out of E-85 to Receiver. Component out of Receiver to TV. (to me this adds a connection - therefore loss). Audio out of cable box and E-85 to Digital ins of Receiver. Again S-video and audio from Cable box to E-85 for when I want to record.

Scenario 3) Component out of Cable Box and also E-85 directly to TV (3 component ins). Digital audio to 2 inputs in receiver for Cable box and E-85. S-video and audio from cable box to E-85 to record.

Am I right? One better than the other? totally wrong? Setting this up next week. Thanks for any input here. You seem to have the most level head for this stuff. Thanks.

Anonymous

wondering what`cable is needed to connect a toshiba satellite laptop with a NVIDIA GEforce4 460 Go display connection, and a IDE/ATAPI connection to a sony 42" HD direct flat panel television. can you connect to the dvd player, or do you have to go through the tv itself? sorry, not to electronic savvy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us