Loosing picture

Username: Jeff1234

Post Number: 1
I'm hoping someone can help me I was just given a Sony KP-41T25 TV that I was gonna use for a garage tv but when I turn it on sometimes the stand by light just blinks and all i get is audio but no bulbs light then if I turn it off then back on it usually works fine. The same thing will happen if I change the channel, bulbs go out turn it on then off and bam I have picture. Does anyone think being a free tv it's worth having repaired and if so any ideas on what It might be.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 398
Jeff,

If it's an old tv and it's not working properly......
Take it for what it's worth, and that's not much.

To me, your question would be like me going to an Auto forum and saying.........."Hey, I have a '75 Dodge that wont run. Can someone tell me how to make it start??".................Heh.

C'mon.....it's an old TV. What do you expect?? If you want to spend a bunch of money to get a TV that's worth nothing fixed, then it's your call.

Username: Jeff1234

Post Number: 2
I just wondered chief. Me so sorry to ask question and waste your precious time.

Ben Wallace
Unregistered guest
I don't think Paul's responce was meant to sound rude.

He basically told you the truth. Maybe you wanted someone to tell you that you should get it fixed.

It is hard for anyone to diagnose the problem and expected repair costs given the limited info.

Perhaps the reason it was free is because the cost of repair exceeds the value of the set.

Spend the 75 bucks or so and have a service guy check it out. Then you will know for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us