TV-VCR Set-Up Causes Green Screen

Unregistered guest
I just tried to set up a new LCD TV and VCR to replace our old combo set and have run into a problem no one can seem to answer. Everything works fine (See objectives.) BUT after about 10 minutes the TV screen turns solid bright green on all channels and inputs (although all audio is fine). Have to turn off TV a couple of times (wait a period of time) to get it straightened out. What kind of signal build-up problem? Is it unique to LCD TVs? Can it be set up to meet my objectives?

Set-Up: Cable service with A-side and B-side channels. Splitters divide each side into 2 As and 2 Bs. One A and one B go to an A/B box leading to the TV, and one A and one B go to another A/B box leading to the VCR. Then the VCR and TV are connected with A/V Cables.

Objectives:
VCR does not have to be on to run TV.
TV can show channels from either A or B sides of cable.
VCR can record from either A or B sides of cable.
TV can show an A channel while VCR records a B channel, or vice versa.
Can use the PIP on TV using VCR as second tuner--TV only has one tuner.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
My best supposition is that you have too many splitters and the signal is only marginally acceptable. Try running a direct connection to the TV and see if the problem persists. If it does not happen with a direct connection you will need an amplifier.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 133
Really!

What's with all the splitters? You running out of inputs or something? Sheesh!

I run the VCR directly into my LCD via 'composite', and it works just fine. Dittos for 8mm.

I used to run splitters/switches way-back-when, and had nothing but problems. A little corrosion here, and a little oxidation there, and everything went to hell. The only time everything worked right is when I accidentally sprayed Gunk carburetor cleaner on the inputs, instead of tuner cleaner.

'Nick' the splitters, as the 'unregistered guest' said...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us