LOVE my Samsung DLP - Just a ? or 2

Username: Cyn

Colorado

Post Number: 2
I have a Samsung HLN507WX, a tech just replaced my color wheel, it is awesome, however he told me that the lamp will probably go out in a week or so??? Is there a way to tell if it is going?

Secondly he said I could order the lamp on line, I went to Samsungparts.com and it offers me two different ones, look below-

Part Number Description Specification
AA67-00169A SCREEN-LENTICULAR 50W,MS,T2.0,1128*647, -$181.47

AA67-00172A SCREEN-FRESNEL
50W,MS,T1.35,1128*647,-,- $192.60

Is there a difference? It says they will both fit?

Next I went to e-bay and found someone selling just the lamp, not the housing with it. Does anyone know about doing that? The information is below-

The lamps are labeled: UHP 100W 1.3 Philips E23, Made in Belgium

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

FYI
Unregistered guest
Looks like yours takes a 50 watt lamp and eBay is selling 100 watt lamps. I doubt it will work.

To answer your other question, the lamp will most likely dim enough to notice before it actually blows. If colors still look bright and right, I wouldn't worry about it. The lamp may last up to 8000 hours or more. You can check your lamp hours in the service menu, but don't mess with anything else in there.
With the power off and cooling fan off press Mute + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power, then arrow down to "Option" and push enter. To exit just power off and wait until you hear the fan kick off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us