Toshiba 62HM94

Username: Vikingknut

Post Number: 5
Well I received delivery of my Toshiba 62HM94 yesterday and all I can say is WOW! Picture looks great and I was even surprised how happy I was with the SD picture in natural mode (non-stretched). I highly recommend this TV.

The only down note was that I purchased the HM94 model over the HM84 model because I thought that it had 2 HDMI ports. I got that information straight from the Toshiba site.

Direct quote under Specification of the 62HM94 from Toshiba.com:
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) (2)

I could have saved $200 to $300 if I went with the HM84 since I don't need the Cablecard or the memory card features. Just a buyer beware. However, the whole thing with stand and delivery was $3300 from plasmawholesale.com. They delivered it in 3 days in excellent condition. The only thing I was perturbed about is they tried to slide in an additional shipping charge of $70. But that was taken care of by a quick phone call. Overall, I thought they were great and well worth the over $1,000 savings I got from not getting it at BestBuy.

Bronze Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 41
The only TV's that have two HDMI ports are the HMX series which also gives you the black bezel. The 94 series are the ones with integrated tuners. The bottom line is if you wanted two HDMI ports in the 62" your choice would have to be 62HMX84 or 62HMX94. Since you say you don't need the integrated ATSC/QAM tuners then you should have purchased the 62HMX84.

Post Number: 6
You are exactly correct. Unfortunately, Toshiba's official website states differently. I made my decision after seeing an HM84 and reading the Toshiba website. Toshiba should be more careful with their content. Especially specifications.

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
Todd,
How is the fan/color wheel noise with your Toshiba 62"? A person never can tell how loud they are in the store with all the ambient noise.

Also, do you know if Toshiba uses a 7-segment color wheel for their new models?

Post Number: 8
I haven't heard any fan/color wheel noise yet. I don't think it is noticeable, although it is hard to tell since we have a fish tank that makes a lot of ambient noise in the same room (my wife's idea). As far as how many segments the color wheel has, I'm not quite sure. I have seen conflicting reports between 6 and 7 segments from online posts. I do know that I have not seen any color effects whatsoeer. The picture looks flawless. I have to say the SD looks much better than my parents Samsung 5063.

DLP4me!
Unregistered guest
The SD difference is source related!
The 5063's SD is excellent with sat and component cables.
HD is stunning on both!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us