Top Distortion line on HD broadcasts?

Username: Aph

Post Number: 1
I just had Comcast HD cable set up on my tv. There is a white line of distortion on the top of some of the HD broadcasted pictures - almost as if the picture is shifted down a few pixels or lines. Is this something on my tv (sony grand wega) or is this the way the show is broadcast? Anyone else have this problem and could perhaps suggest a way to correct it?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 113
Try contacting Brian Lampright via posts/emails. He seems to be the Comcast expert.

cableguy
Unregistered guest
Sounds like you're seeing closed captioning data, if it's not a setting in your STB, there might be something you can do with your TV settings. I've seen this before where the TV was underscanning and causing the problem, but without a "test TV" to hook-up side by side and see if it's there on both of them, it's kind of hard to trouble shoot over the internet.

cableguy
Unregistered guest
Sounds like you're seeing closed captioning data, if it's not a setting in your STB, there might be something you can do with your TV settings. I've seen this before where the TV was underscanning and causing the problem, but without a "test TV" to hook-up side by side and see if it's there on both of them, it's kind of hard to trouble shoot over the internet.

cableguy
Unregistered guest
is there an echo in here? lol
sorry for the duplicate post

Username: Aph

Post Number: 3
There is a overscan feature in my TV's menu - should I fool with this?

Jorma
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA HI DEF Directv REceiver and a Panasonic Projection screen TV. Ive had the receiver for two weeks and The component output of the receiver to the component input in my tv produce white dots On all my channels Hidef or regular. But when I hook up svideo or composite it looks fine. Ive tried just about everything. Could use some advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
Do you have the RCA DTC210?

Jorma
Unregistered guest
Thanks for responding Dale. Yes it is the RCA DTC210. Do you know anything about this problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
I also have this unit. I originally connected by component cables and did not experience any problems. I eventually switched to the DVI output for comparison purposes. Run your system check. Make sure you have switched to correct output(back of receiver). Experiment with HD settings (480p, 720p and 1080i).

MasterTechTampa
Unregistered guest
I am a level three SBCA tech (the highest in the nation):

The RCA DTC 210 is garbage. We quit putting them in, thank God. Call DirecTV and they will send you a new one for a low price (or nothing at all if under warranty and you bought it directly from DirecTV). Ask for the H-10 and your problems will disappear.

I just got cable HD installed to check it out and I am getting horrible digital distortion with the Pace HD box. The syptoms are cable related, it seems, rather than with the box. Anybody else have Brighthouse Cable HD and the same problems?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us