Hdmi on projectors???

Rod K
Unregistered guest
I am in the market for a front projector and I was wondering why they are putting hdmi inputs on front projectors when they have no audio capabilities? what is the reason from switching from dvi?

Anonymous

HDMI is not just about DVI + audio, its designed to allow manufacturers, studios, and designers to add new features into the future - one of the most critical being how for example let home viewers BUY AND OWN (from in their own home) a HI DEFINITION DVD (i.e portable) copy of a HI DEF movie

Note currently the studios fortunately accept as within the "fair use doctrine" people from home making hard drive copies via for example a Comcast provided Motorola hi def DVR.

However when Showtime, HBO etc plays LORD OF THE RINGS full HD version via cable, you can now record w/o infringement a perfect copy onto your hard drive (assuming the right setup) - however by definition it stays only within your home, and is only subject to the maximum capacity of the hard drive for HD (about 12 hrs for most) and how long you want to keep it

In effect current technology allows to own a free HD copy comparable to the in-theater experience

The studios and manufacturers are currently brainstorming what is the best way to SELL you that portable copy w/o leaving your home, and w/o HDMI technology (carrying both video and sound) this would not be feasable

Anyone thinking the studios are ever going to let their most valuable intellectual property, movies in full HD -be recorded onto HD DVD's for free -sorry its not going to happen -nor will this property be allowed onto the internet like Napster once did with music

Rod K
Unregistered guest
Does hdcp prevent playback of a backed up copy of a dvd that was burned with dvdxcopy xpress?

Anonymous

normally it would block it and if it does not its only because the focus now is shifting to preventing HD copies, something that s/b an issue within a few years
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us