Mits WD-62725 - Owners Thread

Username: Adadnod

Post Number: 1
WD-62725 Owners:

There are a lot of theads on this site pertaining to this DLP set, but most are "I Love It!/I Hate It!" instead of factual/informational. As a owner for nearly a month, I have some specific questions that I would like help getting answers to from other owners.

1. What is the latest firmware for the WD-62725? I had Mits ship me a firmware upgrade a few weeks ago, and it was 4.04. Today, I read on one of these threads that it is 4.05. :-( Is there a way to find out about firmware releases without calling Mits customer service every month? Can anyone list the "features"/bug fixes in each release version? (The jump from 4.03 to 4.04 allowed my cablecard to work. {CableVision - NJ})

2. Has anyone had success in having the ChannelView Guide actually display Channel names and information automatically when used with Digital Cable and a CableCard? I finally got the CableCard to work (after 3 visits from CableVision - NJ and a firmware upgrade from 4.03 to 4.04), but the ChannelView Guide doesn't tell me what channel (HBO, etc.) each number represents and it doesn't tell me what's on. I called Mits customer service to ask for the technical name for the signal that ChannelView is waiting to recieve. The 1st level (and that's being kind) "technician" that answered just followed his script and said "it clearly states on page 53 that it's a problem with the broadcast, not the television." If he had just shut his mouth for 3 seconds, he would have realized that I was asking for the signal name so that I could call CableVision-NJ to see if they actually broadcast it with their TV Signal. Finnaly got the name (XDF Signal) from the 3rd "technician" I spoke to and called CableVision-NJ, who had no clue what I was talking about. Still waiting for a call back. Hopefully, someone who reads this thread has an answer.

3. Anyone else have the infamous "bright spot" in the middle of the lower half of your screen? It is only visible when no lights (at night with no lights on) while changing channels (since it takes 5 seconds for the picture to return) or during dark scenes of a movie (like Van Helsing). It looks like a circle of light (not very bright, but noticible) about 10 inches in diameter. If you have or did have this issue, what did you do about it? I am working with the vendor to get a replacment set, but I was wondering if there was indeed a fix. This and the ChannelView issue are my only problems, and I would hate to receive a new set that fixes this problem, but has one of the other problems I have read about on this board.

Even if you only have an answer to one of the questions, please respond. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

sean006
Unregistered guest
The Channel View was kind of weird, for the first month after I bought the TVs using cable card...I got only channel # displayed...All of sudden 1 day all the channel names showed up, and this happened to both my TV, so I think that it's pending on the broadcast signal that you are receiving from the cable company. As for the bright spot, i did not really notice it.

Username: Crazyj4488

I just bought the 62725 and have just been getting it setup. I have not noticed the bright spot yet but have read on numerous forums about this problem.

I have two questions to toss up:

1. How have you all been adjusting the color on the set? The greens on my set look way too intense especially on the DTV input. Has anyone else perceived this? I am planing on using my AVIA disc in order to adjust the colors on my DVD input.

**Main Issue**

2. I have a Sony Vaio S170 laptop that has a VGA output (running WinXP). However, the highest resolution I can get it to output is SVGA 800x600. The laptop itself is capable of up to 1280x960 resolution. I hooked up a Toshiba Satellite and was able to get max resolution of 1280x720 (720P) with no problem. I'm thinking I have some sort of driver issue and have tried different ATI drivers to no avail. If anyone has any ideas...I would appreciate it. I'm heading to some Sony forums now to see if anyone has had trouble outputting more than 800x600 over the VGA output connector.

Username: Crazyj4488

Post Number: 2
Okay, I fixed the PC input to TV resolution problem using a special ATI video driver made for gamers called the Omega ATI driver set. I suggest anyone having problems with an ATI card and this set, switch to these drivers as they have expanded capabilities. Also, the newest NVIDIA forceware display drivers have new robust HDTV settings (overscan comp, etc) especially for users such as us. I am now running one of my PCs through the HDMI port thanks to this driver set...it looks awesome.

I am still scratching my head over the "green push" look of this set...anyone else looking at this set and saying, "damn these greens are intense!" TIA

-J

Post Number: 3
I can't believe more Owners of 62725s/52725s haven't commented here.

Anyone have the 4.05 firmware that they post or send? Been waiting for 3 weeks and haven't gotten mine from Mits yet. Sick of waiting.

More info to the awesome bright spot in the middle of the screen can be seen here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=0cc3a92923cfe043d77eb603e8972493 &threadid=467700&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Post Number: 4
Copy and paste the ENTIRE url from the previous post; it didn't translate into a hyperlink properly.

Unregistered guest
For A. Dadnod...I have the WD-52725. Bought it in October of '04. I have received and uploaded the Mitsi firmware V04.05. I did that around sometime in February. It was supposed to fix "CableCard Issues". It did some good but I think (from reading ALL these threads on CableCards and Misti's) that the industry does not have all the bugs out yet. My TV is working better than when I bought it, after 2 firmware upgrades from Misti. But it's still not up to speed. Most noticably, your issue. The inability to see ChannelView information. I've been trying since October to get Comcast to admit it's their problem. They say it's the set. I call the TV repairman and he say's it's the card. I call SA and they say it's Comcast. And round and round I go. I did recently proove that it's Comcast though. I hooked up an additional coaxle cable to ANT-2 to pick up 'over the air' channels before The Sinclair Group got over their fit so I could watch the Superbowl in HD. 'Lo and Behold' when I did, ALL info came through on the ChannelView. I sent pics to Comcast and said they have 'corrupted data packets'. They say 'Oh, gee, sorry, we only re-feed to you what we receive from the broadcaster'. I say, OK, but you're corrupting it when you do. What makes me more mad is that the Mistubishi site USED to say that the 725 series was going to come with a built in TVGuide, like the 825 series. Now the 825 doesn't have it YET and the 725 no longer has a reference to the built in TVGuide. I was just out here today checking to see if Mitsi had a firmware version later than 04.05. It does not look like one is out yet. You have to do the same thing I'm doing. Keep checking.

Username: Jds

I have Firmware version 4.05 and got it in a matter of days. I have been trying to get an SA cable card from Adelphia to work since November 2004. First I went to version 4.03 and now 4.05 which led to the most bizarre install yet.

With 4.05, Antenna 1 did not indicate that the card was installed. Just kept getting a message that the cable company was doing a firmware upgrade and that the channel could not be changed. Eventually the set just kept turning itself off. There was no way to use the device menu to get to the card info. Pulled the card out and the TV is happy again.

Since November, Adelphia blames the TV and Mitsubishi blames the SA card. Also, I have yet to get an installer who had a clue what to do. I have asked for a Motorola card, Adelphia said they where getting them and now are not. Something to do with a contact with SA.

Meanwhile I have the SA DVR box and get credits from Adelphia for it ( I will have to bug them again though as they keep saying the card works). I will say the picture on my WD-52525 is expceptional. The best I have seen on a rear projection TV. The screen does glare some, but I believe it enhances the picture. I have also gotten used to the fan noise.

I am not sure the cable card is worth all the problems, but I don't know since I have not seen it work. The bottom line thought is that the picture on this set is so good, I have no regrets.

JDS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us