Mitsubishi WD-52525 Vs. Sony KDF-50WE655

Username: Oldschool420

Hanover, PA USA

Post Number: 1
Iam just about to buy my first bigscreen but i can't decide between the mitsubishi WD-52525 and the sony KDF-50WE655. Can anyone tell me which is better. I've done a bunch of research but they're so close it's hard to say.

Unregistered guest
There are 16 service bulletins on the Sony from their ESI site and 0 for the Mits......
Hummmm
Mits is built like a tank inside, Sony is built in Tijuana, Mexico
Hummmm
Mits stocks parts for many years, Sony is lucky to have a board in 2 years....
Hummmm
Buy the Sony, TV Shops need the $$$$

Hanover, PA USA

Post Number: 4
lol, thx for the info. But i hear dlp lags video games is that true?

Hanover, PA USA

Post Number: 5
Some more opinions would be great guys because i only have another day to decide before i purchase.

grfunk
Unregistered guest
I have the Sony KDF-42WE655 which is the same set, only smaller. I had a Samsung DLP in my house for 3 weeks and took it back because I didn't like SD signals on it. I looked at the Sony side by side with other LCD and DLP and thought the Sony was the best. I use a lot of Sony equipment at work and I know I can get parts for stuff I have even with stuff that we bought in 1978. We use broadcast equipment but have bought consumer and semi pro equipment and never had a problem getting parts from Sony. And I really never needed a lot of parts for their stuff to begin with. Unless someone dropped the equipment. Sorry, I don't know anything about the Mitsubishi WD-52525. I like the idea of DLP but for the time being, I liked the look of LCD. I don't know what I'll buy the next time. I do plan on another TV in 5 or 6 years whether to replace what I have or in addition to.

FYI
Unregistered guest
DLP doesn't have a sound lag.
Only Samsung 63 series DLP has the lag.
Mitsu...fine, but glare and cablecard issues.
Toshi...fine, not too many issues, game mode switch.
RCA...fine, fan noise issue.
Samsung 74 and 85 series...fine, no issues.

Hanover, PA USA

Post Number: 6
Ok guys i have to make my decision tommarow so any other opinions would help, thx

Informed one
Unregistered guest
The replacement lamps for the Mitsubishi sell for around 500.00 and the Replacement bulb for the Sony can be had for ~200.00. Don't know if this matters to you or not, but thought I would throw it in. Mitsubitshi uses lot of Hitachi parts, so they are definitely worthy. However, the way the parts are packaged and put together is what really matters. I have seen a lot of Mitsubishi's returned for various problems. Mostly from lock-ups when using the cable card, and tilted screens. Ask any HONEST salesman and he will tell you that there have been issues recently with the Mitsubishi's. Very rarely are the Sony's returned. And if they are, it's usually because the size, or the wife said it had to go etc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us