Computer text almost unreadable on TV

Username: Mystofolyse

Post Number: 1
I have a sony 36 inch tv with my computer connected to it thru an S-Video link. The picture is great but text is almost unreadable. Does anyone know of any ways to correct this (hardware, software, settings)? Thx.

Post Number: 2
by the way, my video card is a 9600 xt

Unregistered guest
most common ways
0) adjust tv output in video card display properties i.e. dot crawl
1) or enlarge dpi in display properties
2) or change resolution 640x480, 800-600
3) or use ati's vga-rgb adapter (only works with a tv with a {RGB} connector for those inputs that except dvd players, etc //works better on HDTV's
4) or adjust settings in tv service menu (learn precautions before hand..write down all codes first)and adjust only those that you need (1 or 2 settings) ...but find out first how carefull you need to be in tv service menu. I think it's a setting for svideo alingment..

fool around with the first 4 first and maybe buy the best s-video cable you can. 3foot cable is better, but no more than 6feet for s-video for the best image.

First time poster
Looooooooooooong time LURKER
Good Luck

grfunk
Unregistered guest
Set your computer graphics to 640X480. Don't worry about the quality of the s-video cable as long as it is a s-video cable and you're not trying to go a long distance with it.

Post Number: 3
thx for the advice about the dpi, but my resolution wont go down past 800x600. but anyway the text is good now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us