50" flat lcd

Username: Littleman1

Post Number: 1
Hello All

Looking for some help Interested in a 50" flat lcd
do they make up and which one is better.

Littleman1

Anonymous

you must mean a front projector LCD. Basically the Sony, Hitachi, and Panasonic 50" are all good rock bottom bargains and will produce stunning pictures

Since no company is flawless, best to go with the volume and Sony is a good standard to buy

If you can avoid the ripoff PSP warranties of the big box stores and you can set aside some money for a possible bulb replacementd down the road - you will be in good shape and s/b able to get one of these at a very low price

TPE
Unregistered guest
If you are talking about a true flat panel.....you do not want a 50" LCD!! It would look bad (I think Sony is attemting this product), wouldnt hold my breath though, picture will be way too pixulated and slow. General rule of thumb - 36" and below LCD, above 36" go plasma. Besides a 50" LCD would be far more expensive than plasma.

Unregistered guest
As someone who is now just entering the flat screen market, I seem to think that LCD is sort of a poor man's "plasma" screen. My concern is life expectancy and levl of performance. Will an LCD screen last for more than say, 8 years with out any maintenance? Does it retain its brightness for its lifespan? Any help will be appreciated.
Paul

Username: Tedmac

Post Number: 7
What's the biggest Plasma available?

Username: Vail_cookie

Post Number: 1
live at high altitude--8250 ft.
Want to upgrade to flat screen and need info about plasma vs lcd. want at least 42".

Can plasma hang above a gas firplace on a stone wall? How much depth do you ned for these tv's.

Very confusing. what other componenents do you need, ex tuner's speakers etc? Thanks for the info.

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 40
peter cook
Plasma VS LCD
A servicers point of view.....
Plasma & LCD use a VERY different technology ...
unlike the Picture tube sets we experienced for over 50 years...
We are now on our 4th generation of Plasma products and a pattern has developed...

Simply put....most service techs (Circuit City and Best Buys) had a hard time with plasma and bad mouthed the product....ususally telling the customer.....the screen is bad.....replace it.

All I do is service and screen failure does occur but NOT in great numbers.

Plasma life expectancy is based entirely on use.
...just like anything else....got kids...well TV will be on all day.....get my point?

LCD now offered in larger and larger formats...(we see over 47 inch all the time now) and it seems the customer drove the market towards LCD sales.

LCD is like your computer LCD monitor only larger...and just like your computer monitor the better brand name companies make more reliable product.

So what is the difference.....
considering the spec's are the same ....

LCD Plasma

42" 42" both cost $1000
Plasmas will be little brighter
Both sets offer:
same size
software
reliabiltiy
life expectancy

You will see much more LCD on display for sale

You will also lot of JUNK brands...
Junk means no after sales service or support...

HIGH DEF:
Two points.....

1.if it is NOT recorded in HIGH Def it is NOT High Def.....hey we are still watching Lucy.....yep....not HIGH DEF...

2.TV's are now in a wider format.....picture is stretched...(bothers some customers)
screen size is measured DIAGONIALlY..
jr

Bronze Member
Username: Camar

Post Number: 14
LCD Plasma is good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message