How to get Sony replace my defected KF-42we610

Anonymous

I have a Sony KF-42WE610 TV for 10 months. It broke after 2 months with burned lamp and one of the IC borads. 8 months later I lost all the audio and video again. I have no confidence to this TV any more. It costs fortune to repaire it if it is not covered by warranty. I am asking Sony to replace me a new one.

Do anyone know how to get Sony agree to replace me a new one? Thanks ahead.

Peas
Unregistered guest
Get some pictures of the Chairman of the Board of Sony in some compromising positions, the kinkier the better. If you play your cards right you'll not only get a brand new TV but also one of those cool new robot dogs made by Sony.

Good luck on your new adventure in stealth photography!

Peas

Anonymous

Real Funny. But not helpful.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 38
Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. I doubt Sony will replace the set or give you your money back.

Sony has corrected the lamp problem. The new one should last 2 or 3 years. Power surges can fry the lamp. I have our -50WE655 set on a UPS. The lamp is a user replaceable item but it does cost $200.

Have you looked into getting a Service Contract? You should be able to get one if you've had the set for less than one year.

lovelucent
Unregistered guest
Andrew,
Vedict from Sony contracted techinician of my problem is burned lamp again. This is the 2dn incidence in 10 months. If the new lamp can last 2 to 3 years I will be very happy. Bust I have no confidence any more. I will be very hesitate to buy Sony product from now on.

Your suggestion is very reasonable. I will talk to Best Buy see whether I can buy service contract at this stage.

From Internet, so many people conplained of this product and Sony service. It is a shame.

Thanks for your suggestions.

lovelucent
Unregistered guest
Andrew,
Vedict from Sony contracted techinician of my problem is burned lamp again. This is the 2dn incidence in 10 months. If the new lamp can last 2 to 3 years I will be very happy. Bust I have no confidence any more. I will be very hesitate to buy Sony product from now on.

Your suggestion is very reasonable. I will talk to Best Buy see whether I can buy service contract at this stage.

From Internet, so many people conplained of this product and Sony service. It is a shame.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Username: Geegee

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 8
hi anonymous, just as Ford don't make the wheels,Sony don't make the lamps,ballast units,light engines.All of the rear proj dlp/lcd are in the same trouble as yours,average lamplife 7.7to8.3months. What is amazing is that magic names like Sony Panasonic JVC should have adopted this piece of unservicable junk as ready for the retail market,it clearly is not. Study the depressing threads in this forum,Panny PT-xxLC..Panasonic PT-60..Samsung DLP problems-Help..& others. I've just got rid of a Samsung61", with difficulty. If you give me your e/mail address, or better still phone number I'll give more details. George gw.golding@optusnrt.com.au

lovelucent
Unregistered guest
George,
One thing frustrated me the most is Sony technicians and Best Buy salesmen all claiming the lamp problem has been fix with replacing lamp. However it still happened in my case.
Every 8 month TV owner has to spend $200-$250 to replace the lamp is just outrageous and plain wrong. If this happens to all the projection TV, then all the consumers should stand up and fight SONY, Samsung, ,..etc. I also know a colleague with RCA TV for several years and he has no problem at all. Therefore I am confused whether this problem has bee fixed once for all or it just only happens to few brands.
If you have any information to help me, please let me know.
Thanks

Anonymous

Hi All,

I was just about to purchase a Sony DLP for close to $7000. I just wanted to thank you all for changing my mind. Sony is not what it used to be.

Bob

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
Bob
I wasn't aware that Sony made a DLP TV. What was the model # you were considering?

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
Sony doesn't make a DLP set. Anon is just bored and had nothing better to post.

TV Psychic

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
Note to George: You can't have an average with a range. For your statement to make sense you would have written:

All of the rear proj dlp/lcd are in the same trouble as yours,average lamplife 8 months.

instead of writing:

"All of the rear proj dlp/lcd are in the same trouble as yours,average lamplife 7.7to8.3months. "

Although you have no way on earth of knowing what the average lamplife really is you should have at least made it look like you knew what you were talking about.

TV Psychic

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 431
7-8 months??

Yikes.......Im amazed that anyone would even buy a DLP considering all the chatter on bulbs burning out.

Luckily, I prefer the picture of a RP-CRT better, and ruled out a DLP. You wont hear many CRT owners complaining about bulbs buring out inside the first year. My last CRT was 10 years old and going strong, but I had to put it to pasture for the sake of upgrading to HDTV.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Paul,

I have had my DLP for 20 months. I checked my bulb usage meter last night and found I have 2825 hours on my current (and only) bulb. I believe the people stating 7 to 8 months is the expected life are in one of two groups:
1) Those who have had a defective unit in which the bulb or the assembly was in fact defective.
2) Those who have no idea but prefer to make up statistics and bash DLP for reasons known only to them.

I personally enjoy my DLP and my RP CRT equally and don't go out of my way to encourage one form of technology over another except where specific comparisons have been requested. DLP is not for everyone but neither is choclate ice cream.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 46
Let's try this one more time:

SONY DOESN'T MAKE ANY DLP SETS.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 434
xvxxvxv,

I have always agreed with your comments to a T, but this is where I draw a line, and I couldnt disagree more with your last comment........

How on earth can someone 'not' like chocolate ice cream???

Heh....j/k

I agree with the rest of your statement though and always enjoy reading your comments.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I purchased a 60" Sony rear projection TV (model KF60WE610)at the end of August 2004. 7 months and 4 days after purchase the lamp went out. It is under warranty, but Circuit City and Sony have been slow to help at all. 8 days later, still not fixed and Circuit City says it will be another week or more. Do the research and be careful before you buy. I have been a long time Sony, and Circuit City customer without any other problems, but this one has me worried...

Anonymous

SONY doesn't make a DLP...they are LCD!! And YES the lamp went out on ours after about 10 months...also the lamp driver which is a $700 part...still under warranty BUT finding a tech to fix it is impossible! I have the place we bought it and Sony CS involved but no one is doing anything....3 weeks later I'm still waiting.
DO NOT COUNT on Sony for customer service...even if they eventually honor the warranty...it takes forever...meanwhile I have a $2500 paperweight!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us