Hitachi 51F510 Series

Username: Stragf

Post Number: 1
I am new to this particular forum. I have decided for the most part ot go with the "OLD" CRT. From what I have really seen, I can't justify the extra $1K-$2K difference.
At any rate, there is soooooo much availble in 51". I think the Hitachi 51F510 (Only Canadian model) is the way I am seriously leaning. It came down to this and the Sony KP51WS520. Has anyone had actual experience with these? Help and input would be really valued. Thanks all.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
I own the comparable 65" Sony model. It is 18 months old and still looks wonderful. I had a professional calibration about a year ago and I highly recommend anyone who is serious about their TV viewing do the same.

xvxvxvx

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
whatever you do get hitachi,

as a engineer for 20+ years in this field
I can tell you they are a superior product
to alot of other equipment.

and yes spend the money to have it calibrated
you will have a totally different tv after
calibration,but put atleast 100 hours on it
first and easy with the contrast and brightness settings.

I would venture to say that hitachi is the best
tv made.from workmanship to picture quaility
it will not fall apart on you and will last
along time.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Confucious say "One man's Hitachi is another man's Sony."

xvxvxvx

jedivader
Unregistered guest
Somewhat related: I recently purchased the Sony KDP51WS655 (like the KP51WS520 but has a built-in tuner). I am on my second TV and will be returning it soon. The first TV never worked, would not turn on. The second TV's display/menu flicker and black-out. Sony has no response to the black-out and recommended service. I am not servicing a new TV. So, in a matter of a week, I have returned two broken TV's. I am now looking at the Hitachi. I was told Sony was a good product. I am staying away from them now. Does anyone have further details on the Hitachi 51F510?

Bronze Member
Username: Xgrizzlyx

Post Number: 80
Only thing sony is good at making is the playstation :p

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 115
Although I have no experience with the units in question, I do know this: when professionals who have unlimited budgets seek serious monitoring, they usually turn to Sony. I have never seen tvs of any manufacturer produce more accurate and life like images than the comparable Sony model. Of course, some folks don't desire accuracy in video, just like some prefer speakers that enhance treble in audio. Get yourself a copy of Digital Video Essentials and go do some tv comparisons. I think the images will speak for themselves. Hitachi's line does generally go longer periods without needing service. You have to decide on what's more important, image or perhaps a few more trouble free years. Read some reviews as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 12
You have to remember though that Sony's "consumer" products and "professional" products (like monitors, VTRs etc. used in TV and post production studios) are two completely different worlds. I have not owned a Sony TV but I have heard many rumors about Sony's Wega flat screens having lots of geometry and convergence issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us