More DMR-E85H help needed

Cville Heel
Unregistered guest
I use my machine to record 24 hours a day. I need the recordings to be in 6 hour increments. The flex recording keeps resetting itself to 8 hours which is way too much to burn to a disc. I have gone through setup and set EP to 6 hours, but everytime I go to flex recording, it resets itself to 8 hours.

What am I doing wrong?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You should simply set 4 six hour recordings in EP mode not in FR mode, problem solved.

xvxvxvx

C'ville Heel
Unregistered guest
Well that's the weird thing, I have it set to EP (6H) under Disc in SETUP.

Are you saying that I'll have to set up timer recordings for everyday?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Are you saying that I'll have to set up timer recordings for everyday?

Well yes, how else do you expect the recorder to record everyday?

You can do this with four seperate timers for the weekdays and set them to record daily.

I'm beginning to think I don't really understand your problem after all. Now matter how long you set a recording to be you can always edit or divide and have the exact amount of time you want to be dubbed to a DVD-r.

If you need more help please tell me more about exactly what you are tring to accomplish.

xvxvxvx

Cville Heel
Unregistered guest
I basically want to let the machine record for a day or two at a time. Then, dub the day's programming down to disc for archive. I can hit REC and leave it running and it will continue to fill the HDD but in 8 hr chapters rather than 6 hour which is enough for 4.7 discs.

Thanks again for your help and your patience.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
No problem, but after this is over you must tell me what a Cville Heel is. :-)

In that case just set the four six hour timers and set them to program daily. You will need a few more if you wish to record on Saturdays and Sundays as well. No other way unless you take my suggestion for accepting the 8 hour segments, use the divide function to pare them down to 6 hour increments and then high-speed dub them to disc.

xvxvxvx

Cville Heel
Unregistered guest
Heh. Okay, thanks.

BTW, I live in Charlottesville, VA and I'm a Carolina grad.. hence Cville Heel. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us