Hooking up Toshiba DVDR/VCR with Satellite Receiver

Username: Jefff

Post Number: 1
Ok - its probably a common question, but here goes.

Have:

Dish Network 301 Sat Recvr - Coax cable from wall in, coax cable to DVDR In (from antenna). R/W/Y RCA cable to IN on AV Recvr. Has an SVideo port (but doesnt say 'in' or 'out')

Toshiba DVDR - Coax from Sat Recr to IN FROM ANTENNA. Component Cable to Mitsu TV, Optical cable to AV Recvr. R/W/Y RCA cable to DVD In on AV Recvr. Has S Video OUT port on rear and just and 'SVideo' port on front.

Here's the issue:

- the DVDR is only recognizing Channel 3. So, for me to tape from sat tv, I need to make sure the satellite is tuned to the correct channel - for example, I want to tape channel 112 at 2pm - I can program the DVDR timer, but I need to make sure the sat is tuned to channel 112. What happens if I want to tape channel 112 at 2pm and then channel 5 at 3pm. I dont seem to be able to do it.

- Seems like the DVDR is only seeing the satellite feed through channel 3 and the tuning is done on the satellite recvr, not the DVDR ( I cant use the channel up/down function on it).

- I tried running the satellite cable (from the wall) to the DVDR and then using an RF cable from DVDR out to Sat Recvr In, but the satellite recvr wasnt finding the satellite signal.

Does this sound like a hookup issue or a system set up issue - either way, its frustrating the life out of me.

Help - please!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 635
The satellite should be connected with an s-video cable or RCA jacks. The picture will be far better and the audio will be stereo, it will be mono with coax. Then you have to set the recorder on whatever input the satellite is connected to and set the satellite on whatever channel you want to record from. If you want to timer record you need to set a timer on the satellite and another one on the recorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us