Need help, problem with Toshiba 51inch/ DVD player

Starburst
Unregistered guest
Hi,
i Have a toshiba 51h84c crt rear projection that we bought nearly 2 months ago.

I only have a dvd hooked up to it with some compononent cables.

last weekend, we started our dvd player, and all we were seing was black but the sound was perfect.
It only happens during dvd playback.

today i used a pioneer dvd player. the sound is perfect, but the image was really, really blue and there was some strange horizontal bars.

thing is, this makes the same problems with both dvd (one is totally black the other with blue image) on BOTH component IN on the tv.

Also,
if i`m using normal RCA cables on normal type input/output (red, yellow and white) the sound and image are perfect (on both dvds) I only tried one out of 3 inputs.

I tried using normal RCA cables into components in and out. it was the same problem on both dvd (one black, the other blue image)

last test : i used my component cable as a normal type yellow input/output rca. I tried it 3 times, and everytime it had a good image. we didn't see a difference in image quality.

Now, what's the problem?
anyone, i really, really need help!

-Starburst

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Your DVD player is set to output a 480i signal, if you want to use the component inputs set it to output 480p.

xvxvxvx

Starburst
Unregistered guest
xux, i`m not sure what your talking about.

I never played around with the output signal.
so your telling me someone in my house just played with my settings and i`ve been trying to fix it for the last 3hours?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Starburst,

I did not understand that at one time it worked perfectly and then stopped working. A more likely possibility now is that a setting on your TV was changed by someone using the remote. I am not that familiar with Toshibas so I'm not sure I'll be much help if it turns out the problem is an incorrect input setting on your TV.

That being said the symptoms you described still sound like a setting was in fact changed on your DVD players internal menu.

Good luck,

xvxvxvx

Starburst
Unregistered guest
xvx, it did work perfertly until a week ago.

i`m using a Norcent DP-300... *sight*

I just went into the options and I don't see any settings to change 480i/p...
things are not looking good for me

Starburst
Unregistered guest
It Worked!

thanks xvxvxvx!!!

on the norcent official webpage there wasn't a manual for my dvd player.
I finally found one in a dvd player hacking site.

I had to change my video output from cvbs to yuv.
I think i'll be using the childproof locking mech.

-Starburst
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us