Help with 480i scrambled picture

DHJones
Unregistered guest
I connected my old, non-progressive scan DVD player (Panasonic RV32) to my new HDTV (Viewsonic) screen using the YCbCr (480i only) input - I get a scrambled picture, almost like there is a timing problem or something.

When I connect it to the YPbPr (480p,1080i) input - I get a very clear picture, but with some scan artifacts in the top left corner. The manual states that the YPbPr input does not support 480i - it directs you to use the YCbCr input.

I'm not using the highest quality cables (actually using composite video/audio), but I got a nice picture on the other input.

Any ideas?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Your problem is that you are mistaken about your DVD player being non-progressive. It is a progressive player so the problem is that you currently have it set (in the settings menu) to outout 480p not 480i. If you want to connect it to the YCbCr you must first select the output to be 480i.

xvxvxvx

DHJones
Unregistered guest
That would certainly make sense. But the manual does not have any indication about progressive scan. Nor is there a selection for the output, either 480p or 480i.

So, I will try to borrow my neighbor's high quality Component cables to see if that helps remove the artifacts in the 480p input.

Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us