Panasonic DMR-E50 Problem...Please help

Username: Buch69

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD recorder about a year ago. Today the slanted circle which comes on everytime you use it is stuck in a continuos loop. Nothing is happening except for the circle going around. Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Jack

Username: Josh7

Post Number: 4
Have you tried a lens cleaner? Is this happening with a disc that you know it played previously?

Unregistered guest
i have accidentally changed my settings to remote 3. i can not use the remote at all now. the display just reads remotedvd3 now.any ideas on how to change it back to remote 1
thanks
chris

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 734
You don't even say what recorder you have. On a Panasonic you hold power on the remote and push whatever number button you want the code set on. To change on the recorder it's done in the on screen menus.

swivel
Unregistered guest
Same problem as hazzer. I've got a Panasonic DMR-E50. I changed the remote code accidentally to DVD 3. The manual says hold down ENTER on the remote and the number you want to change to similtaneously (in my case "1") for 2 seconds. I tried this and nothing happened. Also tried as you suggested above (Power button + 1) with no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Panasonic DMR-E50. I took it out of the box and hooked it up. I cannot get anything to come across my TV from the unit. I have no idea which RF station to tune it to. i have tried 3-4 and all the others. It does not play either DVD or TV stations. The unit does allow cable to go through with no problem. In other words I can receive TV with the DVD recorder hooked up. The set up scan of stations took place and the time and date are show on the LED screen. What should I do to get it to play. I unplugged it for 1 minute and plugged it back in nothing changerd. Help! I have been on hold to Paansonic for 45 minutes. Their website does not have information on this older model. I bought it brand new.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
DVD recorders don't output through the RF connection, all they do is pass through the incoming signal. You need to use an s-video cable or RCA jacks.

siuga
Unregistered guest
I bought the panasonic dmr es 10. when I make recordings of some dvds, I can play them on the same panasonic , and on any other dvd player.
But when I make some recordings of my video tapes on a dvd, I can only watch them on the Panasonic only and on the other dvd players no. What is my problem? Can anyone help me pls. sorry for my english.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1288
Are you finalizing the discs?

siuga
Unregistered guest
yes. when i finilize from dvd to dvd it is ok. but when i finilize from vhs to dvd i cannot play the new dvd on other dvd player, on the same panasonic

siuga
Unregistered guest
only on the same panasonic I can play them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
What speed are you using? What brand of discs? It shouldn't make any difference what the source is.

Unregistered guest
Help! I cannot get a channel on the dvd. It says No signal! but I already connected the cable directly to the dvd. what should i do? please help.

Unregistered guest
I Recently bought a panasonic DMR-E50 i didnt get any instruction on how to use it does anyone know anysites i can downland instructions i've tried the panasonic site but they dont reconise the model number when i press a botton on the dvd control it reads Remote dvd 2 what does that mean

Gold Member

Post Number: 1432
Probably means the remote code is 2. I think there are 4 different codes it can be set on in case you have more than one Panasonic unit. What matters is that the remote and recorder are both on the same code.

Unregistered guest
how do you Change the Code on the remote as i cannot use it on the dvd recorder i'm having problems recording things on to a dvd, the recorder keeps switching it self off and it reads an error has accured press entre but it wont let me until i change the code!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1447
On the older recorders, you hold the power button and press one of the number buttons, 1 for code 1, 2 for code 2, etc.

Unregistered guest
I don't know how old mine is but i'll give it a try thanks for that do you if the recorder can record VHS on to and does it do all VHS or any Vhs?

Unregistered guest
I don't know how old mine is but i'll give it a try thanks!

Unregistered guest
I don't know how old mine is but i'll give it a try thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1451
Any recorder will record VHS. Connect with RCA jacks and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

Unregistered guest
I've managed to get the control to work but everytime i try to redord on to a dvd it only records for about 2 minutes and then switches it self off and a message comes up on the screen saying please check disc!

Unregistered guest
I've managed to get the control to work but everytime i try to redord on to a dvd it only records for about 2 minutes and then switches it self off and a message comes up on the screen saying please check disc!

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
i've manage to get the control to work but when i try to record something to dvd a message comes up reading please check disc?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1453
Are you trying to use + discs? If it's an RW it has to be formatted first. I've seen a couple of cheap DVD-R discs that won't work in standalones.

Unregistered guest
I'm using princo dvd-r discs it wont allow me to record on to them.

Bronze Member
Username: Vibr84me

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 14
If anyone is interested I am selling my Panasonic DMR-E85H for 375 Canadian with high end cables - I've upgraded to the big daddy and don;t have the space in my rack for it. - I have used +R and -R with no problems

Gold Member

Post Number: 1456
Princo is bottom of the barrel, try better discs.

Unregistered guest
somebody can help me, need the (digital) manual for the ES10 with scart conn. lost me papers :-( url's welcome

Melissa G
Unregistered guest
I had this problem with my recorder also. I was using the same discs I had used previously with no trouble at all, then all of the sudden it wouldn't record anymore. I tried everything, but had no luck. I left the recorder alone for the night and the next afternoon decided to try it and it worked like always. I realized that it was overheating because I was using it so much. Now when I record a dvd I let it cool down for a couple of hours before I use it at all. I completely turn off the recorder and use another television and I haven't had one bit of trouble since. Hope this helps you.

Username: Kinseeker

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic DMR-E50. I am having the same problem as others - that is I can't get the code right to make the remote control work. I tried holding the enter and 1 together. That didn't work. I tried holding the power button and 1 together. That didn't work. The remote won't work at all. Any other suggestions?

Post Number: 2
I finally got someone at Panasonic and he explained to me how to fix it. Sorry for my previous post.

Unregistered guest
have dmre50 recorder lost the manual ,forgot how to finalize my dvd . currently recorded 3 shows totaling 6 hrs . dvd did record but only could watch on that recorder how do you finalize the disc so it could be played on most dvd best ira

Post Number: 3
Go to http://service.us.panasonic.com/operman/ and enter your model # to download the manual.

Username: Tengu

Post Number: 2
Why can't I schedule record from my scientific atlanta (Eplorer 3250) digital cable box (Time Warner service) to my Panasonic DMR ES20?

Unregistered guest
Please, I need a big help.
I live in Brazil and my father bought a Panasonic DMR-ES20. It works only in Region 1 and I'm in Region 4. What can I do ? There any code to make it multi-region ?
Thanks for any help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us