What's your opinion of the RCA Scenium?

Imbuyingadlp
Unregistered guest
Looking for a 50" DLP thinking of getting the RCA. Need feedback please. Thank you.

Oh no Oh my!
Unregistered guest
As far as pricing a replacement bulb, do yourself a favor and don't. If you have a weak heart you will go into cardiac arrest. Most replacement bulbs in other DLP's run around $200 or so, the RCA requires replacement of the complete light assembly, that said it is more than three times the cost of just the bulbs themselves.

Enough said!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Word for word plagerism, you don't see that much anymore. :-)

3rd post from the bottom!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/104959.html

Oh no Oh my!
Unregistered guest
I was sharing only a portion of your post. Let me try again.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 03:36 pm:
The HD50LPW42 has the same internal specs as the HDLP50151. Two external differences, yours should have a silver bezel instead of black and the 151 has a "no-glare" screen that unfortunately causes more glare than most people can stand!

As far as pricing a replacement bulb, do yourself a favor and don't. If you have a weak heart you will go into cardiac arrest. Most replacement bulbs in other DLP's run around $200 or so, the RCA requires replacement of the complete light assembly, that said it is more than three times the cost of just the bulbs themselves.

I hope you know you bought last years model with the HD2 light engine and not the HD2+ light engine.

xvxvxvx

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Heh, I wasn't complaining else I'd have left off the Smiley! After all it is the sincerest form of flattery right?

Have a great day Oh no Oh my!

xvxvxvx

Oh no Oh my!
Unregistered guest
Cool!

Very helpful posts there xvxvxvx!
Excellent days back atcha!

Imbuyingadlp
Unregistered guest
Other than the higher price bulbs is there any other
problems with the RCA that anyone knows of?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us