Should I buy a used KV32FS200 Sony Trinitron?

Jill
Unregistered guest
I have a friend who is selling his 32 inch Sony flat screen for $400. Is this a good buy? He says it is only 2 years old. I keep a TV a long time. I know nothing about TV's. I am getting a new Sony Surround Sound to go with it if I purchase it. Would someone with knowledge about this respond?

Anonymous

I am assuming this is a non-hd set

That w/b paying alot for obsolete technology. Even if one is hi definition-agnostic, at 400 dollars its still overpriced

Walmart offers the Sanyo 30" widecreen with integrated digital tuner usually around $645 on sale, and all it needs is an antenna to get hi def, or a hi def cable tuner box. Its built in sound is pretty good right out of the box

Getting down to specifics, one has to decide whether they want to for example "watch" something like the upcoming OSCARS AWARDS or "experience" the event - as only true hi def can do

The Sony 32 conventional TV while a decent set is obsolete technology given the quality Hi Def being broadcast today

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 26
Anonymous, with all due respect, is too condescending. Although I am a fanatic about all things cutting edge, my wife doesn't give a damn about new technology. She just wants a decent picture to watch her shows. Think about your tv viewing habits. What do you watch and how often? Do you watch DVDs or just the regular cable fare? Do you think that in the near future you will want an HD capable set? Analog tvs will be around for sometime even after the mandated change over to digital broadcasting in some point in the not too distant future. I think that unless you are tied to this dollar amount, you should consider an HDTV set that should be useful for many years. You will not be able to find a 32 inch HD set for $400; but if you can double that amount, you'll be in the ballpark. The Sony set in question is an excellent tv; but obviously, I know nothing about its condition.

Unregistered guest
I have a late model Sony Trinatron I bought at an estate auction CHEAP. However I did not get the remote control. The TV will only scoll to certain channels. When I use a universal remote I have only partial control. I can't get the set's menu options but I can select all stations by entering the channel number and enter. (STUPID universals only do so much.....) Can I find a remote or is there a universal I can buy or am i SOUL!

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 32
Agreed! Universal remotes are STUPID! Why can't someone get smart and put a "MENU" button on a universal remote, it would solve about a forth of the "lost remote" problems I read on this forum.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 796
Use One For All remotes. As long as the equipment isn't brand new and the codes have changed from previous models they will operate menus.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Do you know if "One For All" remotes will operate TV AND VCR menus or just TV? The ones I have seen only work with TV menus.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 797
They will do both, as long as the VCR isn't new, within 6 months to 1 year, and the codes have changed from the previous model. Get a current model remote, there are some old models around that might not work with new equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Cool, Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us