Erasing between chapters

Username: Gil

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 2
On the HDD, how can I erase the area between chapters?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You cannot, in fact even when you delete a title you don't really erase data, the logic table just tells the pointers to not display information between point A and point B. Unless I am not understanding what you are calling chapters. What type of recorder?

xvxvxvx

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 3
I have the Panasonic DMR-E85HS DVD recorder.
After I send a VHS recording to the HDD there are sections that I want to erase before I send the data to the DVD-R disc. Is there a way to do this?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Yes, I use the shorten segment feature. Others setup playlists since this will effectively accomplish the same goal but without altering the original recording. Personally the shorten segment feature works so smooth and accurately that I stick with it.

xvxvxvx

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 4
I recorded a 2 hour VHS tape on to the HDD and forgot that it was recording so when I went to dump the contents of the HDD to a DVD-R disc the message said that I didn't have enough disc space. Is there a way to set the HDD to record for a specific amount of time?
By the way, thanks for the help.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You are welcome Gil. If you use the FR speed when either recording or dubbing to disc the unit will take all data from 1 hour up to 8 hours and vary the bit rate to exactly fill up one 4.7 gig disc.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us