Sony KF 50WE620 same as 50WE655?

Username: Bessey

Post Number: 1
Found Sony KF 50WE620 at Costco for $2999 incl stand, but I can't find any info on this model. All references seem to come from Canada and I end up on US sites about the 50WE655. Does anyone know the difference or have any reveiw info on the 620 model? Thanks.

LCD Guy
Unregistered guest
John, I have looked at both models and I believe that they are the same. I believe Costco uses a different model # to identify that the product came from Costco (and probably to prevent price matching from other stores). Even the rear panels look the same. You might want to get ahold of a Sony rep to find out for sure though.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew_debbie

Post Number: 35
>>All references seem to come from Canada

It is the Canadian version. There may be a few differences from the WE655.

>>any reveiw info on the 620 model

Google is your friend...

Username: Gingerbaker

Post Number: 2
That TV deal is on sale at my local Costco as of yesterday for $2899.00. Save yourself the shipping, likely sales tax - Costco charges sales tax if there is an outlet in your state, and $100.00 by picking it up yourself. :-)

You have to LOVE their return policy, too! It is basically a full refund, for any reason, forever! :-)

laadla
Unregistered guest
I picked up this TV+Stand in San Diego for $2899+tax. Will be returning my POS Vizio Plasma back to Costco, so will get back 1999+tax back. The features on the vizio suck.

Username: Sitarzsyahoocom

I have SONY 60 lcd projection with cable card installed by time warner. There is no video output slot so programming through the cable card cannot be recorded. I suggested that this was a manufacturers oversight as purchasing a tv that could not be recorded from is ludicrous. SONY said, "did you ask about recording before purchase?" I suggest that SONy should notify customers, that they will not be able to record programming output from cable card monitors. I;m pleased with the picture but will return this set to Tweeter, in hopes that some adjustment can be made. I certainly plan to record programming, but not with the SONY line. (SONY reps were very terse, and insisted that this was not an oversight on their part- and that users were not really interested in recording programming. ) Had I known that I could not record with this set, I would have never purchased this tv. Buyer beware......

Techno Junkie
Unregistered guest
Cable card slots are a new feature and my local cable companys card won't even work on any of the new tv's unless the firmware is updated. I use satellite which gives you better bandwidth, and more digital channels. DirecTv will soon have over 100 HD channels. Their launching 2 new satellites later this year. I understand your frustration though, but when developing these cablecard-compatible tv's, the cable companies are also a factor in the R&D, so you can't put all the blame on the TV manufacturer.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
DirecTv will soon have over 100 HD channels.

Technically accurate but misleading. They will not have over 100 "different" HD channels. There aren't 100 different HD channels to broadcast. They are counting HD locals for different markets, plus the advertised number is 1500 not 100.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 21
Just a word of advice . You can do better than that price for the Sony 50WE655 TV. I bought that TV for 2600.00 at Video Only back in October. By the way it's a great TV. Shop around, see if you have a TV discounter in your area.

Fred Franklin
Unregistered guest
The Sony rep said that the Costco Model does not have a built in Turner and it is the previous model. Brandsmart in So Fla has agreat price on the 50we655

Anonymous

talked to sony the 50we655 has a hdtv tuner but the 50we620 is hdtv ready, so you have to buy the tuner additionally. also the 50we655 has the hdmi port and the 50we620 does not

Username: Ssdhunna

BRAMPTON, ON CANADA

I couldn't find it in Costco in my area. Where are they selling.

Anonymous

CONSUMERS UNIT! If you purchased an LG RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television and thought it had the newer HD2+ DLP inside, please contact the Competition Bureau of Canada immediately at: compbureau@cb-bc.gc.ca .....you may be eligable for a cash settlement from LG Canada!<br>
<br>
Please read the following:<br><br>
I purchased an LG RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television via special order from Futureshop on November 6th, 2004 based on the component specifications that were advertised on the Futureshop web site and the LG Canada web site, and after receiving the product it came to my attention that the newer HD2+ DLP technology that was advertised as being in the product was not so, due to what I felt was an inferior picture quality. <br>
<br>
I challenged both Futureshop and LG Canada on what I suspected was older technology that was used inside of this product and they both "assured" me that this was not the case and that the product did indeed have the new technology inside as advertised. The LG representative, even went so far as to say that the older technology version of the product (there were two releases of the product - one with the old HD2 DLP chip and .155mm screen and one with the newer HD2+ DLP chip and a .098mm fine pitch lenticular screen) was never even brought in to Canada as they waited for the new release before bringing the product into the country. <br>
<br>
Not really believing either of these company's spokespersons, I had LG Canada send the product's serial number to the manufacturer in Korea. A representative of the manufacturer, emailed me to confirm my suspicions as to the inferior components used in the product, based on the detailed serial number records they keep, indicating all components used in the product's manufacture. He also indicated to me that the &quot;advertised&quot; .098mm fine pitch screen was never incorporated into this particular product either! It was only produced with the lower quality .155mm screen....... another false specification passed on to us consumers by LG Canada!<br>
<br>
Now, here is where it gets really interesting......After learning this, LG Canada called me to thank me for bringing this matter to their attention and offered me some "LG promotional trinkets" to consider keeping this older technology version of the television. When I refused to accept this offer and pushed them to exchange my TV for one that had the advertised components inside, they flat out refused indicating that this product was not available via LG Canada due to the logistics and expense that would be incurred to bring in one piece from Korea to satisfy only me. <br>
<br>
The LG rep also indicated to me verbally that LG Canada had never ever received any of these newer version HD2+ DLP technology products in Canada! This means that they have been selling the older HD2 DLP technology stock they have in their warehouse as the newer HD2+ DLP technology through all of their Canadian Dealers, and the dealers have been advertising the product to the consumer as having this newer HD2+ DLP technology! <br>
<br>
WHAT A MAJOR RIP OFF TO ALL CONSUMERS WHO ALREADY PURCHASED THIS TV!<br>
<br>
Futureshop has agreed to allow me to return this product for a full refund, however I do feel victimized by this situation having to go through all of this ordeal with these companies for several months now and ending up back where I started - spending countless hours researching the web for product reviews hoping that this time what I purchase will be what it says it is.
I am sure that all of the other customers that purchased this product would be very disgruntled and feel victimized as well after learning of this deceit from LG Canada and the dealers from where they purchased it.<br>
<br>
It should be noted that since sending LG Canada notification of my intent to contact the Competition Bureau of Canada (http://cb-bc.gc.ca/epic/internet/incb-bc.nsf/en/h_ct02141e.html), they have just recently updated their website to indicate the components used inside of the RU-52SZ61D 52" DLP television as being the older DLP technology! You can view this at http://ca.lge.com/en/prodmodeldetail.do?actType=search&amp;page=1&amp;modelCategoryId=010301&amp;categoryId=010301&amp;parentId=0103&amp;m odelCodeDisplay=RU-52SZ61D&amp;model=Select+a+model<br>
<br>
I guess LG Canada is now admitting the truth about it is they are actually selling!
<br>
<br>Please forward this post to as many newsgroups as possible. Only by uniting together as consumers will we be able to make this company accountable for their false advertising! <br>
<br>

Reply to Anonymous
Unregistered guest
Don't you think you should have posted this message under a new thread, or at least a thread that is referencing to LG? I think it would get more attention under a new thread.

Anonymous

Sorry... I just wanted to get the message out to all unsuspecting consumers! Perhaps you know somebody that may have purchased one of these products... it is definately in their favor to contact the Competition Bureau of Canada...

LILY
Unregistered guest
do you need a tuner if you have a cablebox? I scroll around and see HDprograms that play the sound only on my non HD tv.

would a need to buy a tuner for the 620 model and NOT tghe 655 model?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us