Can I get TV menu up without remote? (Magnavox)

In New Jersey
Unregistered guest
Trying to hookup DVD player to in-laws TV (Magnavox-Phillips model RS2745C105 - Chassis 27S101-00DD). I connected video/audio cables between the two, and now must select that aux input to view DVD.

They said they haven't had the remote control for the TV in years. They subscribe to satellite, and view everything on Ch3.

Is there a way I can change input selection from Coax to "Line In" without the remote ?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Walt

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 41
Try www.magnavox.com and click on support center.

In New Jersey
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that. Nothing on the site regarding this model #, so I clicked on "contact support" . They responded via email, asking me to call them. I called them, and they they (not a tech, but a screening csr) took over 25 mins of information/typing report/on hold/assigning call #, before informing me that it would be $15 to pass that info on to a tech.

Naturally, I didn't, as she said she could not guarantee that the tech could provide the info I needed. I then told her that if that's what Magnavox thinks "Customer Service" is, then I'd never consider purchasing anything with the name Magnavox.

She referred to my "vcr" problem several times. I told her there was no vcr involved. She did it again....As usual, they inform you that all calls are recorded - Does anyone ever listen to them ?

It may have been customer "contact", but it surely wasn't customer "service".

Unregistered guest
Do I have to activate my Akai CT-21W9AT TV to accept the remote signal? I have two remotes, one that came with the TV and another that's one of those Universal Remote Control,and I can't get the thing to respond. Any suggestions??

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You must program your universal remote with the correct codes required to activate your TV not vice-versa. Your remote should have come with a small manual listing codes for all TV's, receivers, DVD's and so on.

xvxvxvx

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You must program your universal remote with the correct codes required to activate your TV not vice-versa. Your remote should have come with a small manual listing codes for all TV's, receivers, DVD's and so on.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
Thanks xvxvxvx. I understand the theory, given that I have tried to program the thing and it does not work on the TV(although I have used it successfully with the VHS) I wondered whether I needed to do something to the TV first. This all started when my son spilled coke over the real one and I bought the URC.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Another suggestion might be to see if the universal remote you purchased has an auto programming mode. Most do and that would allow you to find the right codes for your TV.

PS: I suggest you wean your son off the coke. Have him try some pot, he will be much more mellow and be less likely to damage your electronic gear in the future. :-)

xvxvxvx

In New Jersey
Unregistered guest
Uh, yeah,..........but what about connecting the DVD player to my Magnavox ? Does anyone else have any ideas about getting the menu up without a remote control ?

:-)

Unregistered guest
I have an older 27" Magnavox color TV that has a couple problems: 1) Every time it gets turned on, it's in Spanish, even if turnred off in English; 2) Every time it's turned on, the channel number goes into "small" mode in the lower left hand corner of the screen. It CAN be removed with the remote, but it's a pain. Are there any fixes for these? Model #HD2632 W103, S/N 11415870.

Unregistered guest
I have a 27" phillips tv.
I'm using a phillips universal remote.
When I acess the menu screen I can't move or change anything. I don't have the original remote.
What can I do?

MICHAEL MALONEY
Unregistered guest
You can get a new original equipment remote at:

remotes.com

1 800 remotes

http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=Display&contents=help_deadremote&uid =1120396233625
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us